/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My first sweater completed

Finally, at long last, the very first sweater that I knit for myself at the beginning of this year is completed! I finished knitting it in May but as the weather was getting warmer, I got lazy and left it aside. Never get around to seaming it together until recently. My inexperience definately showed with this sweater. I was too eager and just start knitting from the pattern after getting the right gauge. I am very thin and therefore this sweater ended up being way too big for me. There is at least 8inches of ease at the chest area. Also, I find it a little short for my liking. Anyway, here is a picture of the completed sweater.


Pattern: Ballerina top from Debbie Bliss's The Cashmere Collection
Materials: 8 and a little bit from the 9th ball of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino



So what do you think? It looks good on me in the pic right? Well, I arranged it in such a way that it will look like it fits me. Sigh, I will probably frogged it to make something else out of it.

To overcome my disappointment, I knited something that wasn't in my To Do list. It's the Ballet top from Loop-D-Loop. I started it on Saturday and I finished it on Monday!!


Pattern: Ballet top from Loop D Loop
Materials: 2 skeins of Brown Sheep Company Cotton Fleece
What a fast knit this is and it FITS! It fits!!! This is a pic of me in it but then as the unmentionable is seeable, I convert the photo to this in order to conceal it. Doesn't it fit me very well?



Since I am on a roll here, I have gone ahead and start with the Rebecca's apricot jacket that every knitters seemed to have made! I received the yarns on Monday and started swatching immediately! Now, I am 1/3 done with the back. I don't have the latest pic of my progress, but I can show you the yarn I got. Orange! Can you imagine? Me wearing orange! I love the color and I just hope I will wear it when I am done. Haha.

Somehow it looks more orangey in the right most pic. It sort of like a medium peach color. Oh well, there will be more pic of it in the weeks to come. I can't wait for this piece to be done soon! Oh and here is a pic of what the apricot jacket looks like. Isn't it gorgoeous?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home