/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Love Potion No. 9


This is exactly how a love potion should look like, feel like. Love is both sweet and happy just like the color pink. Muddy, sticky and heartbreaking at times just like the color brown. And it feels so wonderfully yummily soft and luxurious just like Malabrigo! Haha.

Pattern: 3 by 3 ribbed
Yarn: 2 skeins of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Brown Berries
Yarn source: Pureknits
Needle: US7 24" circular

If you looked at the pic above carefully, you will notice that the inner circle is more pink than the outer one. Take a look at the following 2 pics and you will see what I mean:
Taken when I just switched skeins

The completed scarf modeled by yours truly

Both skeins are from the same dyelot. I am not sure what happened there. However, it's not such a bad thing. My scarf will be unique! It will be like I deliberately made it this way. Hehe.

I love it already. It's so soft and beautiful. I had used it constantly during my last days in the US. And I look forward to using it again soon in Germany.

4 Comments:

Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

Gorgeous scarf! I heart Malabrigo, I am currently making a clapotis, my third, out of it. It is such a lovely yarn! I love your scarf!

08 February, 2007 21:31  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I love pink and brown together. And in malabrigo? Yum.

08 February, 2007 23:23  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

My guess is that since Malabrigo is hand-dyed, that is probably why the 2 dyelots still look a bit different. I had the same issue with my Cherry Tree Hill yarns. BUT the best news is that your yarn is unique and therefore your scarf is one-of-a-kind! :)
=:8

09 February, 2007 17:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its an FO. Celebrate! =) I like FOs.. They usually mean "Cast on 2 more projects, stat!" This scarf is nice.. reminds me of Meiji's strawberry chocolates. =P

The few days prior to your departure from US must had been pretty busy... what with all the procedures to complete and stuff to tie up.. But I hope you found closure the past couple of days. Or if not, maybe after settling down abit in Germany. =)

22 February, 2007 00:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home