/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Beau for my Beau



Pattern: Beau
Source: Rowan Vintage Knits
Yarn: 11 skeins of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in Enamel
Yarn Source: WEBS
Needle: US6 & US8 24" Circulars
Size: L
Made for: My beau

This is a long time in coming. I started last November and strictly speaking, this is not even 100% done yet. I still have to add on the buttons. I will have to go to the store on Monday to get them. Talking about that, I found a few more yarn stores in Munich. One of them stock Rowan and Noro. I tried to go to that one on Sat but got there too late and the store was closed. Maybe I will try that tomorrow.

I cannot believe that I finally finished a sweater. It's been so long since I finished such a BIG item. Now that this is out of the way, I am working full steam ahead with Orangina. Hope to finish it soon!

The only modifications that I had done with the pattern was the yarn substitution which is not really a modification anyway. Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran is an absolute heaven to knit with. It's not scratchy on the hands or on the body. I like the yarn content even though the silk is not apparent at all.

The only issue I had while knitting this is that it's really hard to knit this at night (and naturally hard to capture with the camera too). The color is just so dark! But this is THE color for my beau. I know he will love it. He had seen the yarn and the pattern but he had yet to see the complete thing. I make this for his birthday which is at the end of this month. Maybe then, I will be able to convince him to pose for some model shots that I can upload here. Till then, hope you will be satisfied with the 'lay-flat-on-the-table' shots!



ETA: Model pics can be found here.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Carin said...

Yay! Beau is finished! It looks great. The collar looks neat, too. Sounds like a really nice yarn to knit with, I should give it a try some day.

12 August, 2007 19:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jade, It is absolutely gorgeous! Wish you were here so we could all see it up close!!! Tell Mr. Wonderful he needs to model it for us!!! With that dark yarn, you really need light wood needles and an Ott Lite for sure! Way to go!

12 August, 2007 19:39  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Beautiful, great colour choice, even though it's difficult to knit it at night :)

12 August, 2007 21:53  
Blogger iSeL said...

Bravo! It looks fantastic. I hope he agrees to model it for us.

*Hugs*

13 August, 2007 07:43  
Blogger Lily said...

Salute on finishing BEAU! I know I cannot knit with dark color. I hope to see Beau on your Beau very soon!

14 August, 2007 10:12  
Blogger lomester said...

I vote for modeling shots as well!

Great job!

17 August, 2007 16:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beau is beautiful. I love the brigh slubs of blue in the yarn. (At least, on my monitor here it looks as though there are dashes of a brighter blue.) Beau-tiful!!

20 August, 2007 13:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home