/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A little bit of this & a little bit of that

I was almost done with the back of Beau. Got to the neck shaping part and somehow thought that I messed it up so I frogged back 7 rows only to realise later that I was right before. Oh well, all that frogging for nothing. Anyway, I finished the back of Beau and is already knitting on one of the sleeves.

The weather here has turned really warm and knitting it is not as enjoyable as before. I can only knit this in the evening when it's cooler but then the color is so dark that it's a bit tough to knit it with limited light as well. It's a no-win situation. But the forecast predicts that the weather would be much cooler this coming week and perhaps I will be able to finish up both sleeves during that time. I am on a roll, baby!

And this is how far along I am with Orangina. Looking good so far. When it gets too warm or too dark for Beau, I switched over to Orangina which is why it's going much slower than Beau. I am eager to finish up Beau asap cos I want to start on the Indigo Ripples skirt soon. I really love how Eunny's turned out. The yarn I am planning to use is also dark and I think I can only handle one dark project at a time.

I got these 3 books recently and I loved all 3 of them. There is so many patterns in each of them that I want to knit. And the best part is, I have yarns for all the patterns that I want to make. I think I have way too much yarns... :P

In my last post, I mentioned about pink and red being my current favourite colors. So here's a pic of the yarns that I had bought since I arrived in Germany that are in that color theme. From the left to right, 1 skein of handdyed YarnPirate Sock yarns in Neopolitan, 2 skeins of 2 ply silk & wool from The Knittery in Roses and 6 balls of Rowan Cotton Glace in Sh822 which is currently being made into Orangina.

I am thinking of knitting up the Flower Basket Shawl out of the 2 skeins of 2 Ply silk and wool. It would look great with the halter sundress that I have in my wardrobe! Hehe. Oh well, too many Knits-in-progress so I will have to finish a few more knits before I start on more.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger opportunityknits said...

I have the neapolitan sock yarn too. The knittery roses yarn looks absoloutley gorgeous, the sheen and the colour! Look forward to seeing what yran you plan to use for the ripples skirt.

27 May, 2007 22:05  
Blogger Lily said...

Your yarn photo makes me drooling.

28 May, 2007 13:59  
Blogger joshua said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

28 May, 2007 17:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love the stitch pattern in Orangina. (Though I admit that I keep thinking the name should be changed since it's in pink. Maybe Pink Lemonadina? :^)

29 May, 2007 08:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to see that you are on the roll for both knotting and updates on your blog! Btw I have email some CV and application for a little help from the creative knitter!

29 May, 2007 09:14  
Blogger Carin said...

The new yarns are beautiful. I love that 2-ply silk/wool, it'll be a gorgeous Flower Basket Shawl, do you think you'll cast on soon?

29 May, 2007 16:07  
Blogger iSeL said...

You really are on a pink/red roll!
Love the The Knittery stuff. It would make a beautiful shawl.


Beau is almost there. Don't give up!

29 May, 2007 21:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home