/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Friday, March 23, 2007

I am back

Woohoo, I am all setup with my internet! But that's not the happiest thing that happened to me recently. I finally got all 16 boxes of my stuffs from the US!!! It was like Christmas Day to me, getting 16 big boxes of presents! Except these are all my stuffs and that I bought them myself. I cannot believe that this actually makes me happier than getting access to the internet!

So to celebrate my settling in here at Munich, I decided to subscribe to Interweave Knits for a start, ordering more yarns of course and lastly, I signed up for The Knitterly Letter Swap organised by Domesticat. THIS is going to be so much fun. I used to have pen pals all over the world. I don't know if you still remember or even know about this but back when I was 12 years old, there was(or is, who knows?!) this organisation that will collect $2 from you and they will allocate a pen pal to you based on your choice of countries. It was very popular back then. I had pen pals in Greece, USA, Hongkong and Australia at one point of time. And the only one who made it through with me all these years is the penpal from Hongkong. I even visited her there a few years back. Of course with the technology being so advanced nowadays, I sometimes got lazy and emailed her instead of writing to her. Hehe. However, I do think that writing is more sincere. I feel that it's awfully romantic when a guy chose to write a letter to the girl he loves instead of just emailing and SMSing her as per the norm nowadays. Of course the contents gotta be romantic as well. What do you think?

So anyway, I am really looking forward to knitting more regularly again. I haven't knit much in the past few months because of all these changes and I can't wait for life to resume back to normal soon so I can churned out more FOs and of course finished up that UFO that has been sitting around for a year now. I really like that sweater. I don't know why I am taking forever to finish it.

Thank you for leaving such sweet comments on my blog even though I haven't been posting much recently. You will be hearing from me soon either via email or through your blog if you have one.

Sue, Isel, Jas and Karen I miss you gals!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger JustMe said...

Hi Jade ... I found your blog a couple of days ago and had so much fun reading through it ... Let's just say I wish you a good start in Germany :) ... I live in Austria but have travelled a lot myself ... so I feel I understand what you are going through. When we change major things in our lives, don't we always have a little weird feeling - but it turns out good anyway?
Shannara

23 March, 2007 20:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you too, Jade!!!! I hit 13 yarn stores when I was in California! ;)

23 March, 2007 20:37  
Blogger iSeL said...

Hey, girl! We miss you too. Glad to hear things are starting to settle.

Please talk to Sue. She keeps buying all this yarn and I can't seem to be able to stop her! :P

23 March, 2007 21:48  
Blogger Lily said...

Good! Now you are settled down and already got internet connection. There is no excuse NOT to have FO soon or NOT to blog. Yes, I remember when pen pal was popular. However, at that time I was so lazy to write and I didn't know english.

23 March, 2007 22:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't get to you moving to the other side of the world!! Hope you settle in OK. And you must blog about the yarn stuff around you, ok? =)

As for penpals, I had lots when I was younger too. I miss writing letters - now that we have the internet and emails, the art of writing a letter has diminished somewhat.. =P

26 March, 2007 01:06  
Blogger auntyk said...

HI Jade! Miss you too!! I recently visited PURL in Soho! Amazing little store!
So glad you are settled in. I remember when letter writing was so special. I still have lots of old letters from my college days saved. They are precious to me!
Love and miss you!
Karen

05 April, 2007 08:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home