/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Feelings...

I am gone. I left the US last Thursday for good. I was so busy with the days leading up to my departure and then I am still busy since then which is why I didn't have a proper post about it.

It feels weird. I don't know how to describe it. It's like I am on a roller coaster where my emotion is concerned. I was down, crying even. Then I felt numb. I should be happy about being back in Singapore, yet I feel strangely out of place. Like I don't belong. I should feel excited about my impending migration to Germany, yet I don't. How sad do I feel about leaving the US? Not too much because it's after all not my home. But I do feel sad about how things have turned out over there if you know what I mean...

I don't know how I feel right now. If you were to ask me to describe my current state. Well, I feel rested. I look around me and everything just looks so weird. I feel like a stranger... Maybe I have been moving, travelling too much. Time to settle down and grow some roots? Then again, I am only away from home for 3 years, not that long a time. It feels like yesterday that I left Singapore for the US. Yet so much had happened for me.

Regardless, I am enjoying the wonderfully sunny weather here after the cold wintry weather of Virginia, US and London, UK. More on that in my later post.

For now, look! My first sock and I just turned the heels!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger urbanknitrix said...

This sock looks wonderful. This is your first sock? Wow!!! I have this sock on my list to knit, but I have been intimidated - was it hard?

I hope you feel better.

07 February, 2007 09:01  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Enjoy this new adventure! Your sock looks fantastic. I love the blues in that yarn.

07 February, 2007 22:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock is looking fabulous! Glad to hear from you!!!

08 February, 2007 19:32  
Blogger bluey said...

welcome back to Singapore!

travelling sometimes to make pple tired but at the same time it opens out our exposure :)

the color of the socks is nice.

14 February, 2007 22:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home