/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Friday, October 14, 2005

AJ Completed! What next?

Finally, I am done with the Apricot Jacket from Rebecca Issue 27. I love it! It fits me very well except for the sleeves. I made it a little short. But it's not too bad. I will upload pictures of the completed cardign soon!

Now, on to the next project. I can't decide what to do. Originally, I wanted to start on Lace leaf pullover using Jaeger Chamonix in St Tropez from my stash. But no matter how I looked at it, it just doesn't feel right to knit a sweater with leaf motif using a pink yarn. So I start surfing the net, looking for a pattern that will look good in Jaeger Chamonix and instead I found 2 other patterns that are added to my ever-growing TODO list. Sigh.

First up, Blackberry from knitty fall issue:


Doesn't it look great? I love the cabling at the side of the arm. Then again, it might look weird on my skinny little arm. This pattern requires 6 skeins of Rowan Chunky Print which costs $13~15 per skein. I was so happy when I found it on ebay in a dark chocolate color for only $8!!! BUT the seller make an error with her posting and she doesn't have anymore stock in that color.

Then, there is also this new knitting magazine, Knitscene, from Interweave that seemed to be targeted at the younger generation of knitters. I fell in love with this wrap. I must, must have it!

But... yes, there is a but and a BIG but too. This pattern calls for 10 skeins of Classic Elite Charm(85% cashmere, 15% mohair) which cost $30 per skein! That's a whopping $300 for this wrap! So now I am thinking of using Rowanspun Aran to make this which I originally wanted to use for Simone.

I am very confused now as to what my next knitting project is to be. I will probably figured it out tonight and start casting on. I am so excited to start my next knitting project! Hehe.

So much to knit, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home