/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yarn store in Munich

My best friend in Munich is very excited about my impending arrival. She knows how I feel about knitting and she is prompt to inform me that a new yarn store just opened up right in downtown Munich. I didn't sound too excited. And so she did the only thing she can do, she sends me pictures!


I am still skeptical but then at least there is a yarn store right in downtown Munich. It's encouraging enough. =) This is not going to be good for my bank account though!!!

I haven't been blogging much as I have been busy with last minute packing and farewell dinners. Despite the hectic schedule, I am still knitting. I just finished my Malabrigo ribbed scarf. Yummy and absolutely gorgeous. Pictures to come soon! I love it and it completed just in time for the cold weather here!

As soon as I finished my ribbed scarf, I started on a seed sts scarf for a little boy who declared at the dinner table one night that he wants to marry me. Hahaha. He is the 5yr old son of my friend, the one who I am staying with now. Since I am going to break his little heart by leaving the country and therefore him very soon, I thought it's totally appropriate that I made him a scarf out of a yummy new yarn - Alpaca with a Twist Highlander. I just discovered this yarn company recently when me and my knitting buddies checked out In Stitches. I bought a skein to make a scarf for the little boy and enough skeins for me to make a sweater for myself. I also bought a skein of Alpaca with a Twist Fino, their laceweight line. It's 70% alpaca and 30% silk. Who can resist such a combination! Definately not me! I am totally head over heels in love with this company's product!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handmaiden looks gorgeous. (oh, the sheen!) I suppose any old yarn shop is slightly disinteresting after that.. ;)

27 January, 2007 00:24  
Blogger Lily said...

Fortunately no such stores like that here, otherwise probably I won't go home :)

05 February, 2007 21:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the wolle roedel behind the Marienplatz? there's a yarn store near Sendlinger Tor, can't remember the name now. I was in Munich on an internship last summer. Hope your move went well =). (I followed your blog link from Craftster). - aliciakatie

21 March, 2007 01:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home