/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Weekends in New Jersey

We drove up to New Jersey last Thursday evening as G's sister, Lo, was in from California for a short visit. G is from New York and I LOVE NY too. Hehe. What's not to like. I come from a city too so NY doesn't faze me.

G has 2 sisters and we stayed at his other sister's(Le) place in New Jersey. I love his family. They are all very sweet and nice people. It helps too that they adore me. =P

G's nephew is 1 and a half years old now and just discovered the wonder of speech. Always blabbering on about stuffs. Sometimes it's coherent, sometimes not. He likes to screech instead when he can't express what he wants to say which is NO FUN at all. It is fun to see him learn a new word. The bad part is that sometimes he can't pronounce some words right. For example, he can't pronounce clock with the 'l' in it. So you can imagine the embarrassment when he shouts that out in public. You know how kids are. They get excited when they see something they can identify and promptly goes ahead to shout it out to make you proud. Which of course is not the case where clock is concerned. Anyway, here is a cute pic of him. Isn't he the most adorable?
That's him with his snoopy there. His favourite soft toy. It's his companion in bed. I can't wait to see him again soon.

Knitting wise, I am finally at peace with the lace insert for Bella. However, as the camisole from LMKG is almost done, I am working on it more now so that I can have an FO soon. I will upload pictures once I had more done. I am eager to get the camisole done so I can start on Salina. I had also joined a KAL for a sweater in Phildar Sundances Fall Winter 2005/06 but am still scouting for yarn. What do you think of this combination?


The yarn is an unreleased shade of Jaeger Shetland Aran available on eBay via Jannette's Rare Yarns. It sounds so yummy. I would have like to make this in chocolate too but then each skein of Phildar Quietude costs ~$7.5 and I need 9 skeins of it. Another possibility is KnitPicks Andean Silk in chocolate. The jury is still out on this.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brown will go better with jean and can easily match with other color i think. The baby blue is sweet but can it match easily?

03 November, 2005 00:56  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I *love* that sweater and I also happen to *love* that shade of blue/aqua. It would look really pretty with black pants or skirt. I haven't used any Phildar patterns yet, but the ones I see here and there in blogland are always fabulous.

03 November, 2005 23:54  
Blogger Marji said...

Jade, I just joined the KAL (I did the Colchique along with Julsey and she talked me into this one too). I have 3 bags (all different greens) of that Jaeger Shetland Aran from Jannette, and LOVE it. I'm using it in the color Sage for the KAL. It would be a great choice. The Jaeger yarns are some of my favorites and I wish they weren't so darn hard to come by.

09 November, 2005 10:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home