/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The start of Klaralund

Wow, what can I say! I placed the order for Noro Silk Garden last Friday and guess what. I received the yarn yesterday! Yippee for fast shipping!

I swatch for Klaralund immediately and got gauge right away. I started knitting the back piece and 6 rows into it, I decided to do the body in the round. This way, I won't have to agonise which piece should go to the front and which the back. Plus, anything to get away with seaming is good enough for me. So rip, rip, rip. And now, I am back to 8 rows into the pattern. But that's for both back and front. That's good progress I think. For my standard anyway. =P

I am loving Silk Garden so far. I love the color that I had ordered! I love all 3 projects that I am working on right now which makes it tough for me to decide what to knit every evening. I probably should concentrate on Butterfly since it's so close to finishing. Phildar is a bit tough to knit on sometimes(as it's cream in color) especially if I want to eat or drink any colored drinks! I feel very nervous about accidentally spilling stuffs on it. But so far, I had not spill anything on any of my knits yet!

Stephanie of YarnHarlot has came up with the insane but fantastic Knitting Olympics idea. I am thinking to participate in it with Madil's Shawl. It would be a great challenge but I am not sure if I want to risk starting so late - 10 Feb. I am thinking to start on the Madil's Shawl as soon as I get the yarn which will probably be this weekends. And I have too much projects going on to start yet another one and also given that I am probably going to rush Madil, there is really no time to take up such a challenge. Hmm, maybe I should just take up the challenge of knitting Madil in 16days!

By the way, my Noro Shinano has found a new owner. She is Majorie of FiberArts Afloat, a misnomer. I hope she will enjoy it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

that is a pretty color, can't wait to see your progress.

it's always fun having a bunch of projects you love, especially when you finish them all around the same time

24 January, 2006 22:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous shade of Noro. I have projects that I love at the moment too. So some nights I do a few rows of this and a few rows of that.

24 January, 2006 23:02  
Blogger Carin said...

That's great, it's so nice when your yarn packages arrives sooner than you think. I enjoyed making my Klaralund, Silk Garden is a pleasure to work with. That's color 201, right? What a coincidence!

25 January, 2006 00:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo, you'll love klaralund. the color you are using is so lovely!

25 January, 2006 15:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo, you'll love klaralund. the color you are using is so lovely!

25 January, 2006 15:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home