/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Friday, March 03, 2006

Why oh why?

Now, I am still drooling over Forecast and Starsky and Karma has to go and show me yet another gorgeous design she found. Take a look at this:


Isn't it gorgeous? I so want to make this right now! Googling for the yarn, I realise that not a lot of yarn store stock Garnstudio but I did come across this online store(Knitty Noddy) selling it as a kit. I also found a Canadian yarn store that seemed to sell both of the required yarns. Substituting yarn might be difficult as the pattern uses 2 yarns held together. I have no idea how to convert that to a single yarn gauge. Anybody has any idea?

I so picture mine in a dark red color. I like blue but the blue I like is used by the model and I want to make something different! I don't have a red cardigan, maybe it's time I made myself one. Hahaha.

Oh well, again, I am going to hold off any yarn spree until I am done with Klaralund and have Phildar off the 'On Hold' status at least. Hmm, then again I am getting a bonus(not that it's a big one) so I should celebrate with some yarn shopping. =P

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a cute cardigan! The yarns used in that pattern, Drops Cotton Viscose and Drops Alpaca, both come in some great colors, too - I bet you could find a red you like! You can see the color cards on Garnstudio's web site, and Knitty Noddy says that they will make up the kit in whatever color combo you choose...

03 March, 2006 18:02  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Bwah ha ha ha ha! You see what I mean? It's hard to resist when you see these cute things on other people's blogs.

I'm looking for a cotton blend that knits up at about 15 stitches/4 inches. That's the gauge that's given for the stockinette stitch part of the sleeves.

Let me know if you take this one on! I think it's moving up to the top of my wish list; too bad I have so many other projects here that are also clamoring to be made. :)

03 March, 2006 23:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gauge doesn't change -- Just find a yarn whose gauge, when knit single, is the same, or about the same, as the yarn called for in double. So it'll be chunkier.
That is a really beautiful cardigan!

04 March, 2006 10:13  
Blogger Carin said...

Really gorgeous, it'll look so flattering on your slim figure.

Yes, go shopping, that's why it's called bonus money :) or just pretend you're not getting the bonus :)

04 March, 2006 17:16  
Blogger Marji said...

garnstudio yarns are distributed by Skacel I believe, as Aurora yarns - so try googling Aurora - you'll come up with more options
I bought my cotton viscose at Threadbear Fiberarts in Lansing MI - they have a website and fantastic help.

17 March, 2006 03:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home