/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Almost there...

So so close, 5 more repeats + the border lace to go and my Madil's Shawl for my friend will be done. The shawl is looking so pretty. I love it and I am really proud of it and hope that my friend will love it too. How I wish I can be there to see her expression as she unwraps the package and pull out this shawl. It will make me very happy if she loves it but then again, I will be very devastated if she doesn't.

When you gift someone something like this, you are taking a big risk. Will they appreciate it? Or will it be thrown into a corner, never to see the light of day again until the knitter ask about it and they are obliged to use it when they next meet up with the knitter.

I know my friend will definately appreciate it if not love it. Still, I would really like for her to love it and use it. Oh well, I will just have to take the chance and hope for the best.

If you have been following the whole beaded jewelry shop saga, here is the conclusion. I have decided to rename the shop 'Jade's Beadradise'. Thank you, my dear online friends for being so supportive with your feedback. My chinese name translates literally to 'beautiful jade' in English so Jade is my name too you can say. Beadradise is a makeup word from paradise. I wanted it to indicate that it's beaded stuffs but yet at the same time not give the impression that I sells loose beads. Having it just as 'Jade's' is too abstract. I am done thinking of name for now. If I ever moved to a domain, I will worry about it again then.

Has anyone seen or heard about this book, Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis? It sounds good and promising. I love cable. I just might have to stalk Barnes and Noble to peek into this book.

Let me know what you think if you have already flipped through this book already.

4 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

I'm sure your friend will love Madil. It's gorgeous!! I hope to see it tomorrow.

I haven't seen that book, but judging from the cover (how smart is that?), it looks promising.

23 February, 2006 16:21  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow, that looks like a very interesting book. i'll be sure to look for it when i'm at my local bookstore too. =)

as for gifting knitting items for friends - yea, i agree it is a risk, especially for friends who are nonknitters and may not understand the work that goes behind each project. when i give a gift away, i try my best not to think about whether they will use it well or not - it is now in their posession and they can choose what to do with it as they please. but at least they know i was thinking of them, and wanted to send a little love by making them a gift. (i think that's probably the main reason why i make stuff for friends) and hopefully they appreciate the gesture =)

23 February, 2006 21:03  
Blogger Marji said...

That book looks really interesting - thanks for bringing it to attention.
as for your gift of that beautiful shawl - I so understand. It is incredible and beautiful, and it is so hard to let go of the gift and let go of the consequences. I finally gifted my sister with her Christmas Tree skirt - which I had well over 100 hours into the creation of, and her comment to me yesterday was - we love it, especially that gold trim around the edge - that was a purchased trim that took no longer than 20 minutes to apply. I could cry - but I'm trying to be zen like and let go....
I wish you better reaction with your friend. It is so gorgeous.

23 February, 2006 21:42  
Blogger Carin said...

That looks like a great book, thanks for showing.

Yeah, I agree, gifting knitted items to people is a risk. I'm very careful about who I knit for. I love knitting for one of my sister in law, she's been wearing the same scarf I made for her a few years ago until I made her another one for her birthday recently. Even though the first one was a basic 2x2 rib, she's been using it all these years.

Madil's is so beautiful, your friend is very lucky, she will and should appreciate it. Can't wait to see more of it before you give it away!

24 February, 2006 08:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home