/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Knitting Olympics Update: Day 6



I am slightly behind with my Madil's Shawl knitting. There are good reasons for being behind.

On Monday, I went to the NoVAKnitCrochet group meeting. This is my second time attending and I have to say I love it. The group is small, 6 of us in all (Isel, Susie, Jasime, Igel, Leola and me of course!) but they are all so fun. I enjoyed their company immensely. The only problem I have with it is the location. It's in Alexandria and I am in Reston. The first time I went, I took Rt 7 which is a disaster. Took me an hour to get there. The past Monday, I took I495 and traffic is very light. I got there in less than half an hour. But my colleague informed me later that that was unusual and was probably a result from the snowstorm over the weekends. Oh well, the next meeting is next Friday(24 Feb). Will see how it goes. I will try taking I495 South again. I hope it won't be so bad as to take me an hour again. I thought to try I66 but then that is 2 lanes at some point which I imagine would be worst than I495.

And yesterday, I went to the gym. Yes, it's time I get in shape. I know I am thin but I am going to the gym to be fitter so that we can do more serious hiking this spring/summer. It's good health wise too. And my office has a very well-equipped gym, so why not? This is also my second visit to my office gym. Last Tuesday was my first time and I can tell you, my muscles have definately been at rest for too long. I was in pain all over last week. I think I am getting better, I am not in as much pain today. Actually very negligible pain after what I went through last week. I haven't exercised much since I moved here. Not that I exercise alot while I am in Singapore but I do Pilates. During the weekends, I sometimes went shopping with my friends and we can walk around for 4 to 5 hours straight all over Orchard Road. Since I took the public transport in Singapore, there is also some walking done everyday to and from work. And now, the only walking I do is to the car. So of course my fitness has deteriorated a lot!

Anyway, enough yapping, here are some progress shots of Madil. I love it. I hope I will be able to part with it at the end.


I just completed 10 out of the 31 repeats required for the center pattern so I guess I am kind of 1/3 there already.

8 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

Aww, I hope it doesn't turn out to be too much trouble for you to come to the meetings. We love having you and your Salina around! Luckily, Mondays and Fridays are usually "lighter" traffic days than the rest of the work week.

Madil is looking absolutely stunning.

Hope to see you Friday.

16 February, 2006 00:37  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oooh, your shawl is beautiful so far! So delicate looking.

16 February, 2006 10:30  
Blogger auntyk said...

THat shawl is gorgeous!!! I can't believe how fast you are going! So Inspiring.
Keep up the exercise! You'll feel great!

16 February, 2006 12:59  
Blogger Ruth said...

i love your shawl!! where did you get the pattern for it? i recently got some jaggerspun zephyr myself, and was wondering what lace project to do it with also (i'm sick of mohair right now).

as for working out - good for you! currently i am sitting at my computer, in my workout clothes, but wondering whether i'll actually take a step to the gym. =P

16 February, 2006 14:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're on target with your shawl. It's gorgeous! I'd been wanting to make this too. Are the nupps hard to do?

16 February, 2006 18:38  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very pretty! Looks like you've been really busy.

17 February, 2006 13:37  
Blogger Marji said...

oh Jade that is gorgeous.
Remind us again why you are planning to part with this when it is done?

20 February, 2006 10:20  
Blogger Carin said...

Nice progress, it's a beautiful pattern.

20 February, 2006 12:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home