/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Monogamy feels good

Wow, I don't think I had made such fast progress on something this big and complicated before. There will be no photos of Madil today as it looks pretty much the same as before except longer. I really should try this monogamy thingy with my knitting projects more often!

I still have 10 more center repeats to go as well as the border on the other side to knit. Will I be able to complete this in time and win the gold medal? I hope so. I need to complete this by Friday since I am going up to New York over the weekends to help G's parents to install their DSL modem. Who knows how long that will take me. It can be a few minutes or it could be a few hours! And this time round, I would really like to go into Manhattan. If you are a New Yorker and you are reading this entry, let me know which yarn store I should check out. There is just too many listed here that I have no idea how to go about choosing. G is a New Yorker but what are the odds that he will know where to find a good yarn store.

I had been bad too. Over the weekends, I went to check out a beads store in Vienna and came back with a few strands of beads made of glass, stones, pearls, pewter, etc... I shouldn't be buying any beads until business start picking up but most of the beads I bought are on sale and I just... can't... help... it... but look at what I made out of them!

Also, my FSIL is going to a party this weekends and she asked me to bring her a variety of earrings I made so she can try to sell them. VARIETY, she said so that's another reason to buy more beads for new designs! Hehe. Now, I have to go make some namecard for her to distribute as well. I hope I can find time to finish that. I have no idea how the namecard should be so that's going to take even longer just brainstorming for it.

Will keep you readers updated on how the sale is. I hope that will signal the start of another career for me? Hahahaha. When I was younger, my mum actually took me to a fortune teller and she foretell that one day I will be a boss and have my own business. Very very good business too, or so she predicted. Maybe this is it! =P

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the earrings you made! Very pretty. I haven't made earrings in so long. Maybe it is time for me to pull out my beading stuff again.

~SP

21 February, 2006 12:44  
Blogger Carin said...

Oh! You're going to love yarn shopping in Manhattan! You have to go to my favorite, PURL 137 Sullivan St.(near Prince St. take the R or E train) The owner is the one who wrote Hourglass, Joelle, she's really nice. And while you're in Soho, there's a lot of other things to shop for, too. And if you have time, walk over to Chinatown for some Asian food, or Little Italy for some Italian food. In midtown, Yarn Connection is good, too, owner Jane is very nice. (Madison Ave. near 36th St. 2nd floor, get off the 34th St. Station) On the west side, there's Yarn Co., even though they've gotten bad reviews on customer service, they have a lot of yarn, good selection, worth a visit if you have time (Broadway near 82nd St. 2nd floor, take the 1 train to 79 St.) I've been to many others, too, so if you have questions, I'd be happy to tell you what I think of them and how to get there. Have fun!

21 February, 2006 14:04  
Blogger Ruth said...

pretty!!

21 February, 2006 14:06  
Blogger Carin said...

Hi Jade,

Thanks for asking, but I plan to go skiing this weekend.

By the way, I love your bead creations, you're doing a great job! So try to make it to Purl, it's one of my favorite. Let me know which yarn stores you enjoyed, have fun!

22 February, 2006 10:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home