/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Yarn Shopping

So what did I do over the weekends? Heed Carin's advice and go shopping of course! Haha, I tried to anyway.

I went to Aylin's Woolgatherer for the first time. It's nearer than both Knit Happens and Springwater Fiber Workshop but somehow I haven't been there before.

I was going to get either yarn for the Garnstudio's Cardigan or Forecast but somehow they didn't have the color that I wanted for either project. But look at what I found at the sales corner:

6 skeins of Classic Elite Avignon (made of Tussah silk and Pima Cotton) at 35% off in Rose. Since I have been in the mood for red and pink, I bought all 6 skeins without any project in mind. The lady who helped me with my purchase is really nice and friendly. We talked about how expensive Reston is to how my name is often mispronounced by others. I had been called everything from Bee Gees to Biscuit to Bill Gates. And now, I am called Bee by some people because I put a space between my name(Bee Gek instead of BeeGek) which is a norm when we write our Chinese name. However, over here, people thought Bee is my first name and Gek my middle. I learnt my lesson so I would put BeeGek as 1 word or just introduce myself as Jade. My chinese name translates literally to 'Beautiful Jade' in English.

When I got home, I can't help but keep admiring my new purchase so I went in search for a project for it. I remembered vaguely that Tivoli's gauge is somewhere around 20+sts and boy am I right. I swatched immediately and got gauge at 21sts per 4inches. Slightly bigger than the required for Tivoli(22sts/4in) but I will be making the smallest size(28") which should be just right for me in the end. I intend to make it with a 3/4 sleeve. Maybe add some lace pattern to the bottom of tivoli's body. Hmm, will see how the yarn situation goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

That's a lovely shade and will make a very beautiful Tivoli! I think 3/4 sleeves is a great idea. Enjoy!

05 March, 2006 21:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that yarn you bought is absolutely beautiful, I love the color of it! Can't wait to see photos of the progress on your Tivoli!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

07 March, 2006 03:55  
Blogger lomester said...

Gorgeous color! I have not made it to Aylin's Woolgatherer (I hate traffic in the NOVA area!) But you are def. making me want to go!.


I also love the stole! It is gorgeous! I want to do a lace edging on a handkerchief for my cousin who is getting married, and if I do a good job, maybe I will try something more advanced!

08 March, 2006 16:09  
Blogger Marji said...

I have yet to meet a Classic Elite yarn that I didn't love. I think it is a highly under-rated company. The Avignon looks beautiful. Did she have a Raspberry perhaps?

09 March, 2006 16:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home