/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Monday, October 02, 2006

I need your help

Fellow knitters,

I need your help. I am planning to make a sweater for a friend and that pattern is calling for Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran. Googling for it, I read mixed reviews about it. Some people loved it, some don't. A good substitute that I know is Rowanspun Aran but I don't like the colors that are still available. Another substitution would be the pricey Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran. What do you think? Any other good substitution suggestion would be very much appreciated.

I want something that would result in a soft and comfy sweater. Can't wait to hear your input on this.

Thanks in advance!!! =)

ETA: Ladies, thank you for your responses. I decided to go with Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran in Licorice (119). I had only read good comments about this yarn when I google for it after Vanessa's suggestion which is also seconded by Jacqueline! Thanks!!! I will post details about what I am making with it soon. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What about Jo Sharp Aran Tweed. Very soft and nice to work with. It comes in many shades and also has aran/DK weight.

02 October, 2006 20:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried using Yorkshire Tweed Aran and I find it ok, though it might be a little scratchy to be worn next to the skin (maybe over something)
I think the Rowanspun Aran idea it pretty good. Cucumberpatch seems to (still) have quite a few colours left.. Maybe you can consider that. =)

03 October, 2006 01:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home