/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Somewhat Cowl


Pattern: Somewhat Cowl
Source: Wendy of Knit and Tonic
Yarn: 5 skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas: Alpaca & Silk in Chestnut(i35)
Yarn Source: Kpixie
Needle: US4 & US5 24" circular
Size: 32" bust size
Made for: Myself
Notes:
  1. Did the raglan increases until it measures 9" (instead of 10" or 11").
  2. Did the increases of sts at the end of row way before joining so that the neckline is more gradual
  3. Did not bind off the neckline but whipstitch the 'live' sts so that it will be more stretchable.
Wow, finally I completed this! I love it! The brown, the fit, the yarn, everything about it. Ok, maybe not too crazy about the neckline cos it needs some fiddling for it to appear as I want it to. I still have 1 full skein of the Alpaca + Silk left. I highly recommend the yarn cos it's so soft and comfortable. Very warm too. Which is why I am going to bring it back with me to Germany where I will get more use to it. The temperature here in Reston, VA today is almost in the 100s!

Since I just finished it today, I haven't really block it well. I just iron the cowl neckline flat and took this pic. Maybe I will block it in Germany. But seriously, how am I to handle the cowl neckline during blocking? Any ideas?

I love top-down! Being that it's so hot here, I decided to tackle Ms Marigold using the Classic Elite Premiere that I got a few months ago. It's a very fast knit and I am already down(or up) to the armholes! Pictures to come soon.

13 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Welcome home! Your top fits you so well. I can only imagine how lux that yarn must feel!

18 June, 2006 23:06  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

You're right, it looks very good in this brown. Marigold is another very cute sweater.

18 June, 2006 23:29  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

How pretty! I love it... great job!

18 June, 2006 23:39  
Blogger Heather said...

I love it! Looks beautiful on you :)

18 June, 2006 23:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cheers* That looks like it fits well!

19 June, 2006 00:58  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow!! it looks fabulous on you!! you did a terrific job =)

19 June, 2006 02:11  
Blogger knottygnome said...

swc looks great. i love that shade of brown.

i'm making ms. marigold with classic elite premiere as well. i'll be eager to hear what you think of the yarn. i'm not so keen on it myself.

19 June, 2006 09:27  
Blogger lomester said...

I LOVE it! I cannot wait to start mine - I think i will cast on today.

I knwo what you mean about the weather though! VA gets so hot this time of year.

19 June, 2006 10:43  
Blogger iSeL said...

It looks great! Thank you for coming to see us. I had a great time.

Can't wait to see the Marigold in that super soft and pretty yarn.

19 June, 2006 15:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, it looks great on you!

20 June, 2006 15:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really good on you, Jade! Hope you get lots of wear out of it in Germany. :)

20 June, 2006 20:32  
Blogger carrie said...

it looks smashing! perfect fit.

i just finished ms. marigold, and it's a great little project.

21 June, 2006 00:19  
Blogger mle said...

You SC turned out beautiful! That color is great!! I haven't gotten the courage yet to start mine but maybe I will soon.

30 June, 2006 10:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home