/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Still knitting

So you must be wondering, am I still knitting at all. Yes, I am, just very very slowly. To prove to you that I am still a knitter, this post will be all about my current knitting projects.

I was at the yarn store the other day when I came across the new Classic Elite Yarn: Classic Silk. I don't know why but everytime I see this yarn, I am drawn to it. It's not shiny or anything but I just like it. Maybe it's the word 'SILK' that does the trick. Or maybe it's the color of the yarn. Anyway, seeing it this time, I just want to buy it! Despite the fact that I already have a mountain of yarns at home that will probably never be knitted up at the rate that I am knitting. Looking at the gauge, I realised that it will be a good substitute for Brown Sheeps Company Cotton Fleece to make Rusted Root (a cute top that I had been eyeing for a while now). So... what the heck, I bought 5 balls of it and got cracking on Rusted Root once I received the pattern from ZephyrStyle! So here's a progress shot of it. It had since grown by another 10 rows. Agonizingly slow currently cos of the puffy sleeves! More stitches on the needle = slower knitting progress.


I am very into pink and brown right now. I can't wait to finish this asap. All this time-off knitting makes me realise how much I miss it now that I am knitting again. And it's been a long time since I have a FO for myself. Hopefully I will be able to finish this soon!

Next up is the elusive Clapotis that I am making for myself. I think I started it about 2 mths ago and I can't believe 1) I am taking so long with it 2) I haven't taken a single pic for the blog so far. So finally here it is:


I am using Sundara Yarns Aran Silky Merino. If I remember correctly, this color is called Blueberry. I got them while PureKnits was still selling them. The yarn is absolutely delicious and I love the color(mixtures of blues and purples). I hope I will get it done in time for scarf season!

Ms Marigold will be on hold until next Spring/Summer since there is no point to knit something that I can't wear till 5-6mths later. I am thinking that will probably be the fate of my DB Capped Sleeved top as well.

Since it's Autumn now (it is right?), I think it's time for sweater again. It's also time for Christmas knits. Well, I will be knitting for different people this year round and since some of them do read this blog, I will probably not talk so much about the Christmas knits.

So for me, I have a few sweaters in my mind now that I want to start on soon:
  • Completing my Phildar Sweater finally
  • Rogue using Barlett Rangeley 2 Ply
  • Demi using Rowanspun Aran in Midnight
  • Hourglass using Noro Cash Iroha
  • Jemima using Jo Sharp DK Wool in Oriental
  • Rebecca Wide Collar Sweater using Rowan Kid Classic in Feather
Ambitious list, huh? I know. I doubt I will finish half of it but one can always try. Hehe.

While at the yarn store, I also got the latest Rowan 40. I so want to knit this! But I had never done fairisle and the yarn itself would set me back by a hundred bucks...

So are you planning your Fall/Winter knit list yet?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jade,

Can't wait to see you make the ones on your list. Mmm, Demi would be so comfortable to wear.

03 October, 2006 14:11  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I am looking forward to see those WIPs become FOs, especially the clapotis!
=:8

03 October, 2006 22:15  
Blogger lomester said...

Is that all you are planning? My list is long and ever growing! :) I wish I was one of those rich people that could just sit at home and knit.

Love the pink too!

05 October, 2006 12:42  
Blogger auntyk said...

I lOVE that pattern! Glad to hear you are doing well and knitting again!!!

06 October, 2006 19:31  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Rogue! I made one before I figured out what the "gauge swatch" thing means, so it's way too small. Maybe seeing yours will give me the kick I need to make a good one!

13 October, 2006 13:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home