/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

To block or not to block

Woohoo! I finally cast off on my Clapotis. You must be wondering if I am knitting at all. Well, I have proof that I am now! ;-)

Pattern: Clapotis
Source: Knitty Fall '04
Yarn: 3 skeins of Sundara Yarn Aran Silk Merino in Blueberry (purchased from PureKnits)
Needle: US7 24" circular

I told ya, it would look good with my new coat. Doesn't it look great? This took me forever to finish and it had been with me everywhere. I started it in the US, brought it with me to Germany. Bought it back with me to the US and recently, it even went on a trip to London with me. I am glad that it's finally finished. Just in time for winter.


The yarn is absolutely gorgeous. So shiny and soft. I would have loved for it to be more tightly spun though.I was going to add a repeat to the straight section. Looking at what's leftover now, I am glad I didn't cos I am not sure if I would have been able to make it till the end then.

So now the question is, should I block it or not? What do you think?

On to the next project. I am torn between Demi and Central Park Hoodie. Hmm, tough choice. I am not sure which one I prefer more...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! You MUST bring it tomorrow so I can see/touch it.

I vote for not blocking it.

26 December, 2006 15:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your clap came out nicely! and that yarn looks SO pretty. =)
p.s. both the demi and the hoodie look like great projects - hard to choose between the two!

26 December, 2006 20:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job on the Clap! Sundara yarn always looks wonderful.

Hmmm...I am a central park hoodie girl myself. Too bad I don't have the yarn as we are entering 2007 and I am part of the Destashing movement. Either way, can't wait to see the progress.

27 December, 2006 11:14  
Blogger ShannieKnitChic said...

I LOVE your Clapotis...it is wonderful! I have done the Central Park Hoodie and it is one of my FAVORITE knits! I am currently working on Demi and it is a very slow go...very tedious with all of the cables...but beautiful. And thank you for sharing your stash, I am the one who just purchased your Jo Sharp tweed and I can't wait to get it!! I have always wanted to try it out...I don't know what I am going to do with it yet...I am curious to know what you were going to knit with it? Good luck on your up and coming knits! Have a Happy New Year!

27 December, 2006 11:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks GORGEOUS! I need to have another try at the clapotis. For some reason I always get annoyed and quit.

I vover for the Demi. It is beautiful.

28 December, 2006 11:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, your clap is beautiful! i recently made one as a gift with noro, but would love to have one in a somewhat solid color like yours, just for me.

29 December, 2006 21:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that yarn is absolutely gorgeous!

06 January, 2007 01:35  
Blogger urbanknitrix said...

This is really pretty and it does look gorgeous with your new coat. I say don't block it. I blocked one for a gift, but when i do mines I will lightly block it. I like the hoodie.

07 February, 2007 08:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home