/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Monday, December 18, 2006

Relocation

Remember I talked about some life-changing stuffs back in this post? Well, now that everything is settled, I guess it's time I share with you what's going on.

I had taken up a position with my company in Munich, Germany! I will be reporting for work there on the 1 March 2007. Excited? I am not sure. Currently, I am busy trying to decide on the relocation company, deciding what to bring with me and all sorts of other stuffs that comes with making such a move. It's mind-boggling.

I did some packing just to get an idea of how many boxes I would end up with in the end. And guess what? My knitting stuffs took up 4 mid-size boxes!!! I know there are people out there with more (I hope there are!!!) but I am still amazed at how much yarn I had accumulated over the past 3 years. And this 4 boxes are of yarns and books that I really really love and want to bring with me. So be prepared for some major yarn sales on my blog soon.

I finally got my knitting mojo back. I had been working steadily on Clapotis and am finally knitting my first socks-Pomatomus!! I am not sure if I like how it is turning out so far. The yarn(Koigu KPPM) is great and the pattern is great. But it seemed to be coming out a bit too loose for me on a Sz2 needle. Should I continue on and gift this socks or frog it and redo it on a Sz 1 or maybe even Sz 0 needle... Still thinking...

I also got the latest issue of Interweave Knits. I really love Rambling Rose cardigan despite the mixed reviews that I had read about it so far. I loved the color combo even. Koigu Kersti Solids is not an easy yarn to find and I am still looking around for a good substitute that has the colors that I am interested in as well. Hmm...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! germany!!

18 December, 2006 17:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting! Good luck with everything!

Nice to hear that you've been knitting more. Looking forward to your photos.

Happy Holidays!

19 December, 2006 10:27  
Blogger lomester said...

congrats!!

what a shame that we did not meet while we lived in the same area.

I guess i now need to go to Germany again! :)

19 December, 2006 23:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home