/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Knitting and Crocheting

My whole body ache. Why? Cos I am out of shape and I have been travelling almost everywhere with my bicycle. To start with, 20-30mins of cycling every morning and evening when travelling to and fro work. As if this is not enough, I fell off my bike the other day and substained bruises and cuts! But I am still soldiering on. I am sure soon the ache will be gone soon and I will be left with a healthier body. Hehe, it's that thought that is motivating me to go on.

That's why I have been lazy with my blog updates. If I still own you an email or a letter (yes, Sarah, I got your letter ;-)), be patient and I promise to reply soon.

Despite that, I am still knitting. I finally finished Beau and it's to be washed and blocked soon before being assembled together. With that end in sight, I started on my Flower Basket shawl.
This is a fast knit. I have already completed 5 repeats and is working on the 6th. I am using the silk merino 2 ply that I got from The Knittery. It's thicker than most laceweight so I am not doubling it and I have gone down to US4 so I will probably be making 10 repeats just to get to the size I want. The pattern is easy to remember and with each repeat, it's getting longer and longer to complete as expected. I love the colour of the yarn and I can't wait to finish it and use it! Here's a closeup of the lace pattern:
Isn't the colour variegation absolutely pretty?

Next up, I have caught on the crochet fever that has been going around and started on this travel bag from RY Classic Holiday. Truth be told, I saw this bag when I bought my copy of Holiday and had been wanting to crochet it since. I even bought the yarn that is called for in the pattern but realise that's just too expensive to be used for a bag and hence frogged it.

Last weekends, I went shopping for thread(to be used for the shortening of my curtains) at the department store here. It's right next to the yarn section. Interestingly enough, over on this side of the Atlantic ocean, it seemed that there is a yarn section in every major department store. Anyway, I saw this lovely yarn that I keep fondling cos it's just so incredibly soft even though it's 100% acrylic. And the colour, I just loved the variegated blue, brown and fawn... I balked at knitting anything acrylic for myself but as a bag, that would be perfect.
I did a swatch and it's right on and so I am crocheting away. Can't wait to complete it soon. Been a while since I made a bag and one that is for myself too.
I also wanted to start on my Indigo Ripples Skirt using the modifications that Eunny had made as well but my US4 needles is being used for FBS. Anyway, it's also better that I don't start on yet another project. As you can see, I have kind of neglected my Orangina. Gotta return to it soon if I want to wear it this summer at all!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Love the colors you are using!

24 June, 2007 19:02  
Blogger Lily said...

You shawl is going to be lovely. The color is gorgeous

25 June, 2007 01:45  
Blogger Carin said...

Very nice progress on your FBS. Yeah, the variegation is pretty.

25 June, 2007 13:36  
Blogger JustMe said...

Agreed - acrylic is durable enough to be a good choice for a bag! Besides, Schachenmayr Micro almost feels like silk.

06 July, 2007 05:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawl...I love the colors. I'm participating in the Mystery Stole 3 this year and I think I've fallen in love with lace knitting. I was eyeing someone's Kiri shawl this morning, but this Flower Basket is awfully tempting, too.

Glad you got the letter...don't worry about responding. If you feel pressured to do so, it won't be fun.

13 July, 2007 14:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home