/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Yarn acquisition

My friend forgot all about my birthday until she saw this while visiting her family in UK:

Isn't that the cutest and oh-so-funny! Click on the pic for a bigger one.

And check out my latest yarn acquisition!

2 skeins of Sundara Yarn Sport Merino in Glacier
These are slated to be Grumperina's Shifting Sands.


4 skeins of Sundara Yarn Sport Merino in Black over violet.
I plan to make a nice and warm Diamond Fantasy Shawl out of this for moi.
I like how January One's sportweight version turns out and so I plan to knit it in the same weight as well.

Who says I can't yarn-shop now that I am in Germany. Oh well, these 6 skeins cost more than they should. I have to pay import taxes as well as duties for them. Next time, will plan my orders so that my colleagues can hand-carry them over for me while on a business trip to Munich!!!

I have had my ups and downs recently. I had been going out and meeting friends for dinner or a drink. I have quite an active social life here. But somehow, some days are not easy. I will feel down and really depressed. Miss home terribly and feel very very alone at times. I will sit at home or lay in bed and cry the day/night away. I don't know why... And someday I feel just fine. I guess I am really 'settling' in now. My apartment is finally furnished and maybe now is the time where it hits me that I am in a foreign country! I am luckier than most people who relocate. I already have friends here but somehow... Sigh, maybe it's the language barrier.

For now, at least I have September to look forward to. I will be vacationing in Lake District on the 1st week. Be in India for business purposes on the 2nd. And from there, I will be flying to Singapore for a week!!! Yippee.

For now, my friend and her husband are visiting me for the week. And I am planning a house-warming party at the end of this month. So before I know it, it will be September!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoz gerl. Read your email about your exciting house warming. But I cant make it lahh.... Minich and Singapore ermmm too far!! Anyway thanks for the Bday call really for very sweet of you!! And yes I cant wait ti see you soon!

Chunkies Out!

11 August, 2007 11:11  
Blogger iSeL said...

Hey! I have two skeins of Sundara sport in Glacier too. It's so pretty.

It must be hard to go through all the changes you've been through in such a short period of time. Be good to yourself: do what makes you happy.

13 August, 2007 07:39  
Blogger Unknown said...

ya, i understand the cost of this yarns. especially the shipping charges. so freaking expensive.

27 August, 2007 01:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home