/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's been a while...

It's been a long long time since I blogged. Somehow times just flew by and before you know it, half a year is gone!

Firstly, I have to comment on Interweave Knits. I have been getting my last 2 issues earlier than the release date as announced on their website. That means a lot given that I am living in Germany! I have already settled on 2 patterns(Leaf Kimono Top & Apres Surf Hoodie) out of the mag. Now, it's only a matter of when I will get around to it. Probably next year at the rate that I am knitting at.

Finally, here's an FO pic of my version of Shifting Sands. I finished it a few months back but never got around to blocking it. It still is not blocked!! Oh well, it's Spring and there is no need for such a warm scarf anymore so will have to wait till Autumn comes around before this baby gets some serious blocking and maybe model shots! For now, hope you enjoyed the lie-still-on-the-sofa shot. =P



And I started on Henley Perfected!!! I was 5 inches into it(knitting in the round some more!!!) before I realised that it will be too big for me. I was already knitting the smallest size and I really don't want to redo the maths for the whole sweater. So what did I do? I read on Ravelry that someone goes down a needle size and the sizing came out just right. I did a swatch, it worked for me and I went down a needle size.

I am 9 inches into it. Can't wait to start the lace part soon. Here's a sneak peek of how it is coming along so far. So what do you think? The color is a bit too sweet huh? I hope to finish it soon. As much as the weather is getting warmer here in Munich, the evening can still be a little chilly. This will be a nice pretty and warm pullover!


Finally, I also started another knitting project. For whatever reasons, all my knitting projects seem to be pink oriented. This is Montego Bay Scarf from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I am making it with Handmaiden Seasilk in Roses & Ashes. Just gorgoeus! I loved how it is turning out so far.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peacock Chic said...

glad to see you are back...and with such tasty treats for us blog readers to feast on. Love the shifting sands, I bet you can't wait until the chill hits again to wear that beauty.

10 May, 2008 23:52  
Blogger Carin said...

Hi Jade! So good to see you! Time does go by very quickly. I'm inspired by your Henley, hope it fits you well after the needle size change. It's a great sweater.

12 May, 2008 09:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty knits. I have been thinking about the henley maybe I will wait to see yours -- I haven't been starting much new that isn't socks lately.

12 May, 2008 11:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jade, nice knits! In the new place, same tele #. We missed you at Maryland Sheep and Wool!

12 May, 2008 17:28  
Blogger Macoco said...

Your shifting sands scarf is beautiful - I can't wait for the blocked and modeled shots!

12 May, 2008 18:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're alive!! love your pictures - especially the scarf, very pretty!

12 May, 2008 20:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home