/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Branching Out Scarf completed FINALLY



Click here to enter the gallery for this scarf.

Pattern: Branching Out Scarf
Source: Knitty
Yarn: From stash, 2.7 balls of discontinued Jaeger Chamonix in Nimes (yarn review)
Yarn Source: eBay (Jannette's Rare Yarns)
Needle: US10 straight
Length: ~6ft
Made for: My dear sis
Modifications: None except for yarn substitution

This is a very easy and fast knit. Took me about a week to finish it though it would have been much much faster if I had been diligent with my knitting. Hehe. That's my sister modeling for the scarf.

Jaeger Chamonix is heavenly to work with. I would highly recommend this yarn if not for the fact that it had been discontinued. I bought the last 6 balls of it in Nimes at clearance from Jannette. I love this yarn so much that I actually bought 2 packs of it in St Tropez at half price from Westminister Fibers. Because it is discontinued, I am still looking around for a sweater pattern that is worthy of this yarn.

7 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Wow, that yarn really shows off the pattern well! I always imagined this pattern to be a skinnier scarf, and wasn't too tempted to make it, but I really like it at this gauge. Well done!

01 December, 2005 09:55  
Blogger emy said...

Looks gorgeous & lovely!

01 December, 2005 10:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Looks great

01 December, 2005 19:37  
Blogger Jofrog said...

Oooh, that Chamonix is great yarn! Jaeger has some nice pattern books for it, and also any Rowan Cork patterns will work too. Lots of choices from great designers! Enjoy, and I love the branching out at a thicker weight... hmmm!

01 December, 2005 23:11  
Blogger Ruth said...

found your blog via lois'. i love your knits! especially the bella paquita!!! that one is definately going to be in my pile of "future knits" patterns. =)

02 December, 2005 15:41  
Blogger handknit168 said...

There is so many people have knitted the branching out. I am the one.

My Blog
My on-line shop

05 December, 2005 01:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky sister! The yarn you used lokks amazing and really shows off the pattern beautifully.

05 December, 2005 10:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home