/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

FO: Bella Paquita done!


Click on the picture to enter project gallery.

Pattern:
Bella Paquita
Source: Marnie Maclean
Yarn: 8 balls of Karabella Aurora 8 in Blue Heather (yarn review)
Yarn Source: Knitpixie
Needle: US6 24" Circular
Size: Small
Made for: Myself
Modifications: Used needle size US6 instead of the recommended US7 for a tighter knit and desired gauge as Aurora 8 will expand a little after wash.

I think I made the top part a little too short looking at how's Marnie's version is. It looks better with a deeper v. Maybe I will try blocking it and see if that helps. Anyway, viola, another FO.

I highly recommend Aurora 8. It's one of the best yarn that I had knit with in my limited knitting experience. It's wonderful to knit with and it's amazing how comfortable it feels for such a figure hugging outfit. A+ where the pattern is concerned. Such a simple and sexy outfit. The only problem I encounter is with the lace because it doesn't seemed to be slanting to in the right direction when I knitted up the left side. So in the end, I amended the pattern for the left side (k2tog to ssk, ssk to k2tog and p2tog to ssp, ssp to p2tog).

11 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Wow. Your Bella Paquita looks wonderful! You made just the right size and the color is smashing. If I made one, I would also make a shallower v-neck, just because I'm so short in the torso... it's good to see that you made the pattern work so well for you. Have you shown a picture to Marnie yet? :)

15 November, 2005 15:55  
Blogger Marnie said...

Wow, it looks so amazingly good. I don't think you need to change a thing. It's wonderful to see your version of my pattern.
~marnie

15 November, 2005 16:45  
Blogger Julsey said...

This is gorgeous - and it fits you perfectly!

15 November, 2005 17:57  
Blogger Jofrog said...

Wow! It is one sexy knit! Way to go! And, mmmm Aurora 8.

15 November, 2005 19:02  
Blogger SunFlower said...

Nice and sexy....phwee...phwee....:-"

15 November, 2005 19:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lace is so pretty. You look gorgeous in it!

16 November, 2005 07:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sexy indeed - you look great in it!

16 November, 2005 11:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your Bella Paquita, so pretty. I'll definitely put that on my to do list.

18 November, 2005 20:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! So did you end up using more yarn than the pattern called for? It seems like a real small amount in the pattern...

19 November, 2005 20:45  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh my word - that is gorgeous! One more thing on my to-knit list!

22 November, 2005 11:25  
Blogger Mango said...

I think yours looks better, personally. No offense to the desingner/test knitter, I like that one, too, just not as much.
Yours reminds me of an old dress bodice.

04 December, 2005 18:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home