/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The 2006 Knitting Olympics

I am in! I will be participating in this year Knitting Olympics with Madil's Shawl from IK Summer 2004. I don't have a pic of it but you can see the finished product here and here(I think it is the same). I am crazy I know. What are the odds that I will be able to finish this in 16 days?! Especially since I am such a novice where lace knitting is concerned. The only person who I know will be able to achieve this is Eunny!

Anyway, wish me luck. I am making this for my friend, who is taking the 'Till Death do us part' vow at the end of March so taking up this challenge is good. It will make me concentrate on getting it completed asap. I did not tell my friend yet that I am making this for her because I want it to be a surprise. I am keeping a close tab on her shopping expedition(aka the hunt for the perfect dress) though just in case she tried to get a shawl. Her best friend, also my best friend is helping me out in that department. I should know if I can finish it in time once I get started cause I will know how much I can achieve per day.

Remember my stash enhancements a few weeks ago where I snagged a bag of Rowan All Seasons Cotton, a bag of Jaeger Trinity and a bag of Rowan Calmer, all at half price. Do you think my Rowan All Seasons Cotton will look good reincarnated as this lace shell? The problem with lace is that sometimes it might end up looking matronly... I can't decide yet if I like this pattern enough to make it. However, I quite sure that I will make Tempting II using the Rowan Calmer. Another Spring/Summer knit I am thinking about is this using the Rowan Linen Drape I have in my stash. I had been wanting to knit it since last year. So much to knit and so little time. I will probably start on my Spring/Summer knit once I finish whatever I am currently working on right now.

5 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

That shell is tough, it looks cute in a vintage/granny way but then is it too granny? maybe if you add some shaping and get rid of the bottom lace it could work

26 January, 2006 15:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knitted the ribbed lace sweater from Vintage Knits. I like it, but if I could have done anything differently, it would have been to shorten the sleeves. Tempting II looks nice, you're right so many pretty patterns, so little time. I'll be cheering you on for the Olympic shawl.

26 January, 2006 15:56  
Blogger Jofrog said...

Oooh, that lace shell is really nice. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Maybe I'll have to make it at some point too! The ASC may be a bit heavy (in weight, not in gauge), but it does have a good amount of acrylic, so you might be just fine.

Good luck with the olympics. You can do it!

27 January, 2006 09:05  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I recognize the second top (for Linen Drape) from the Sarah Dallas vintage book. Very cute! I'm not so sure about the lacey shell from elann... I think you can find something cuter to make with All Seasons Cotton.

27 January, 2006 10:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my mind, the only edge River has over Madril is the knitted knot with the Swaroski beads. Some knitters of River did not like the "knot" but I did. I am sure that either one you decide to knit will be BEAUTIFUL! You do stunning work.

28 January, 2006 09:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home