/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I need help

Remember my Apricot Jacket? I love it but I realise that the sleeves are a bit short for my liking. Is there anyway to lengthening it short of ripping the whole thing and reknitting it again?

On other updates, Butterfly is all done with ends woven in and is currently on the blocking board. I would probably be able to take a pic of her tonight before sending her all the way to the West Coast to my FSIL.

As for Klaralund, I realise I overblocked the sleeves. The end result was that the fabric was thin and of course too long! So it's currently on the blocking board being reblock. Hopefully it will be all dry for me to seam the whole thing together tonight and make its debut to the office tomorrow? Will see.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

how about sewing lace trimings on the cuffs?

15 March, 2006 21:21  
Blogger Liz K. said...

If you are satisfied with the sleeve cap, then this is a great time to learn how to cut your knitting. There are many tutorials on the web on this, but basically, you thread a yarn needle and pick up the left leg of each stitch, below where you began the shaping, or a few rows higher than the cuff. Snip the row of stitches below the thread, and then pick up the live sitches and knit down until you are happy. It seems scary, but it isn's bad, and it is a great technique in the arsenal of any fearless knitter.

15 March, 2006 21:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about knitting on lace edgings? There are some that allows you to work top down. Or add something inside (think: knitty's Mrs Beeton)

15 March, 2006 22:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would also only have come up with the lace edging thing - but reading through Liz comment, I think this must be the perfect thing to try out - I know you can make it! Figers crossed!
Looking forward to seeing a photo of the finished Butterfly!

16 March, 2006 03:02  
Blogger Carin said...

I love your apricot jacket, adding lace
edging sounds like a good idea, sorry I can't think of anything else.

Hope your klaralund sleeve will reblock to your liking.

16 March, 2006 07:04  
Blogger Marji said...

had to go back and find the pics of the apricot jacket to make sure that you can do it - it works nicest on ribbing,
but Liz is right, the way to go is to cut your knitting and then pick up the live stitches and knit down more ribbing. It'll work.
there was quite a discussion on Knitters Review not too long ago - may be a tutorial there.
As far as the gauge for the garnstudio art cardi - any single aran/worsted might give you gauge, but the pattern is written for 2 sport weights held together. Think Frog Tree alpaca weight for the alpaca.
I have some of the cotton viscose yarn (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38923480@N00/64393127/in/set-1255764/) and love the sheen, weight, everything about it. Can't think of antyhing right now offhand that is equivalent.
let us know how the re-block of Klaralund went.
Hope you do get a pic of butterfly.

17 March, 2006 03:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home