/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend knitting

I was at the LYS over the weekends to get needles for my next lace shawl and look at what else I bought - A Gathering of Lace. I had been eyeing this book for a long time and since LYS is selling it, I broke down and got it together with the needle.

Flipping through the book, I saw a few lace stole/shawl that I want to knit. So I might choose to knit one of them instead of Kiri which was what I chose for my next lace knits.


Oh, and look at who is finally on the blocking board. Nope, not butterfly. It's my Noro Silk Garden Klaralund. Finally! It occupied almost the whole of my blocking board so it's good that my butterfly is not completed yet. I will be finishing Butterfly today but probably won't get around to blocking it until the mid of this week when Klaralund dries totally.


I have started on my Tivoli as well. It's to be my March's project for Project Spectrum. I am making mine with Pico edgings so I guess I should call it Picovoli. Instead of seaming the 'live' stitches at cast on to the body, I decided to knit them to it instead. Hehe, anything to do away with seaming!

Oh well, not as much progress as I hoped for the Picovoli as I have been fervently reading In Her Shoes as well! Finished the book last night so I can go back to concentrating on knitting again. I love that book. Next up is A Little History of the World by E. H. Gombrich.

Anyway, I found another source for more free pattern at Adrifail.

Oh, this is nothing related but I saw some really cute Pygmy Goat Kids here and thought you might be interested in it as well! They are so so cute!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

Oh I saw some mini goats about a year ago, very cute in person! I am nearly half done with my Tivoli, lets see if I can make myself finish it, prolly not hehe!

13 March, 2006 12:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are knitting butterfly too? So many people have that in progress. I think it's gorgous but I don't know if I have the patience. I can't wait to see yours. I bet its beautiful. It's such a great pattern!

13 March, 2006 21:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a lot of fun with "A Gathering of Lace" - I haven't bought the book yet, but heard it's got a big lot of amazing projects in it!
Wow, your Klaralund is in the last steps of being finished, how great to see it already on the blocking board - can't wait to see the photos when it's completely done! You did such a great job with it, it looks amazing!
Oh, and thanks for the link to the free patterns - there's some truly nice ones there!

14 March, 2006 05:05  
Blogger Liz said...

I love the colors in your Klaralund! Can't wait to see it done.

I really like In Her Shoes - the part with Maggie at Princeton is awesome. I should pick that up again...!

14 March, 2006 09:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home