/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Loonng Weekends again

It was a long weekend again last weekends. Not as long as the last one but enough for me to travel some. Nothing major, just sights in and near Germany.

Before I go on to talk about places I have been to, I present to you my new German friend who I have been talking about recently - Bettina!
2 June 2006
Pardon our red faces. We had both been drinking. I am not a good drinker and so I usually take red/white wine mixed with water. Even though that's the case, my whole body will still turn red with that mild alcohol content.

So what's the deal with that little red rose at the side? Well, it was a farewell party and someone was giving this red rose to all who were present and we are all suppose to wear it, even the guys! So here I am, looking all red and crazy with that tiny red rose at the side.

So what do you think of Bettina? She had been mistaken as Cameron Diaz in some photos. How about you?

It was a long weekends and since my friend, Serene was here for training, I decided to revisit Neuschwanstein Castle with her. She only managed to fly in from London on Saturday night and so we went to Füssen on Sunday.


Fussen - 4 June 2006

Isn't it gorgoeous? The weather wasn't too great until the end of the day so we took pics of the castle both in the good and bad lighting. Would have been so much better with a clear blue sky but oh well. Click here or any of the pics to see more pics of Füssen.

Monday was some holiday here in Munich and so we decided to visit Salzburg, Austria. It's not just the site for the filming of Julie Andrew's Sounds of Music but more importantly, it's the birthplace of Mozart, one of the greatest composer of all times.

Salzburg - 5 June 2006

There are just way too many sights for us to finish in one day so we did as much as we can - Dom Cathedral, Hohensalzburg Fortress, St Peter's Abbey, Mozart's Birthplace, Mozart Residence, The Residenz... just to name a few.

All in all, it was a great day though we would have liked to be able to do more picturesque sights.
Let me tell you something funny. The train ride to Salzburg took 2 hrs from Munich Central Station(Hauptbahnhof). Halfway on the train, I started thinking 'Shit! Do we need our passport to get into Austria? It' s afterall another country.' Both me and my friend was wondering what to do next. Should we turned back to get our passport or should we head on and try our luck? I messaged my German friends to inquire about this but I didn't hear from them. Finally, we tracked down the train conductor and was relieved to hear him say that there is no need for the passport! Whew! And my 2 friends only responded after we got to Salzburg! What help they are! Haha, nope, can't really blame them. It's probably technology's fault since SMS is not always instanteous. Besides I should have called them instead if it's that urgent.

And so what will I be up to this weekends? Hmm... I will be back in the US for a week! Hehe, bet you didn't see that coming. Well, this is not a leisure trip, just a trip for me to go back and 'see' G. Conjugal visits of some kind, I guess. =P I will still need to work.

I will be flying back this Friday and then I will have to fly to Austin, Texas for a day on Monday. G is complaining about it but what to do, work is work. So ladies (Isel, Sue, Inge & Jas), we might have to do something about meeting up cos I won't be able to attend knit night on Monday since I am flying at 5:15pm.

3 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Oh how fun! I adore Munich and Salzburg. Thanks for the memories!

07 June, 2006 19:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot of the castle. Good to hear that you're getting a break to come back for a bit. With all that flying, are you going to continue on the Pure Silk top on the plane? It's so pretty, can't wait to see more of it.

Cute shoes!

08 June, 2006 15:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The castle and lake looks really good! ... And the birthplace of Mozart?? How cool! =D

09 June, 2006 21:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home