/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, May 07, 2006

MSW 2006

This is my first time to the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival and I have to say, I am so impressed and overwhelmed. So much to look at! So much to buy! So much of everything that I really don't know where to start.

Here are some shots that I took at the festival. It's a not a lot cos I was busy looking and touching and fondling and drooling...

The pic of the rows and rows of cars is just a tip off the iceberg!


Llama & Alpacas


Knitted dolls for sale


My buys: 2 skeins of KPPM and 2 skeins of 100% cashmere in laceweight
To see the pics in bigger size, click here


I also got Knitting from the Top by Barbara Walker. Those 2 skeins of laceweight cashmere, I can't wait to start something with them already. They are so soft! USD$28 for 800yds/skein of it. I think that's a pretty good deal, don't you think? A repeat customer who was also buying these laceweight cashmere told me that she got them last year and love it so much that she is back this year just to get more of them.

I also saw a hank of 600yds of 100% silk as I entered the festival in a lovely shade of sky blue. I didn't get it cos I just arrived! When I am done looking and decided that I want to get it, the blues are all gone. =( Oh well, there is always next year to look forward to.


On the way home

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey im so impressed and i love the Ilama 'relax' look haaha its soo cute and the wonder if the Ilama wear fake eyelashes hoho

07 May, 2006 20:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue tells me ou are leaving on Monday -- so you won't be at knit night. I am bummed I won't get to see you. Looks like you had a great time at the Sheep and Wool Festival.

07 May, 2006 21:05  
Blogger Ruth said...

ooh, looked like so much fun!

07 May, 2006 23:15  
Blogger Unknown said...

my spirit could have travel the distance~~ great stash enhancement.

07 May, 2006 23:34  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I'm jealous! That sounds like so much fun. You definitely have to go again next year. :)

08 May, 2006 00:39  
Blogger iSeL said...

We missed you at the meeting. I really wanted to pet that cashmere. :D

09 May, 2006 07:10  
Blogger auntyk said...

HI Jade! Glad to see someone else spends a lot on their hobby! I need a 12 step program to stop the addiction!
Hope you are doing well in Munich!

10 May, 2006 21:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! The llama and alpaca looks so cute. Too bad we don't get any fibre festivals like that in SEA. Hope u enjoyed Munich!

11 May, 2006 10:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home