/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Life in Germany (Pictures Heavy)

Let me warn you right now. There is probably not going to be any posts about knitting for the next 2 months. Or maybe even more. It all depends on how long my project will last. I think my BeeKnits should be renamed to BeeTravels instead. I am having such a wild time here. What can I say? Munich is a wonderful place.

As you all know, I arrived in Munich on the 9 May. I was pretty miserable the first week. Friendless coupled with the crappy weather really depresses the hell out of me. Regardless, I did went out for a little retail therapy and found that G's team was having a championship celebration at MarienPlatz. I doubt most of you would be interested but click the pic below to see more. Pretty crappy pics since I am standing quite a distance away from the team.
Bayern Munchen Championship Celebration at MarienPlatz - 13 May 2006

Things start to take a turn for the better when I befriended Bettina. Now, she is my new BFF here in Germany. We hung out almost everyday after work. A pity, I just realised that I do not have a pic of her on my camera. I should really try to rectify that! Even though I made a new friend, she has a bf and we all know what the weekends are for. I went to the zoo on Saturday and really enjoyed myself there. Though it would have been more fun if I had visited it with someone else as well. On Sunday though, I did meet Bettina for a cup of drinks and since the sun doesn't set till almost 9pm, she was late getting back to her bf. Hmm, the bf must not like me too much cos I am monopolising her!
Munich Zoo - 20 May 2006

The recent week was the best! My friend, Serene, from Singapore just came over to work in the UK for the next 2 years! What luck that her company also has a office here in Munich and we met up when she was here for training last Mon-Weds. We had a long weekends last week, from 25 May till 28 May and so I decided to fly to London to visit her! I had a blast there!

I arrived on Thursday and since my friend is still very new, the directions she gave me to get to her apartment was a long one. It took me almost 2hrs to get there, what with all the tube change and train change!

Since she had to work on Friday, I toured London City by myself and met up with my friend, Olaf, in the evening for dinner and drinks. I think I did quite a bit. I alighted at Westminister station, wander around and soak in the atmosphere of Big Ben, Westminister Abbey, the house of parliament and so on. Then I walked on to Buckingham Palace, Trafalger Square, SoHo, Covent Garden and finally to Tower Bridge before heading back to Trafalger Square to meet my friend.


London City - 26 May 2006

Before I forgot, I did checkout a yarn store, Pandora, in Guildford, the university town that my friend is staying at and got a pack of Rowan Cotton Glace in a very lovely shade of sky blue-Sh749. They are all stocked up with Rowan and Jaeger yarns that I could easily burnt a big hole in my pocket just shopping there.

On Saturday, we check out Brighton. The Royal Pavilion is a very amazing and beautiful palace. I couldn't take any pics of the interior but if you click on the link, it will bring you to their official webpage for a sneak peek. Since Brighton is near the sea, it was bloody cold with me in my thin denim jacket only. Regardless, it's still a very pretty sea town. Now, I can picture things better when I read my Jane Austen's novel again. On the way home, we stopped by Stonehenge. As it is closed for public viewing, I can only take the pic from afar.

Brighton Beach & Stonehenge - 27 May 2006

Finally on Sunday, since our driver(aka Serene's roommate) wasn't free to bring us around so we checked out London City again. Especially since my friend who is stationed there for the next 2 years is not that familiar with the city yet. I could drive but I would rather not as it's been eons since I last drove a manual car. However, as an addition for me, we checked out Harrods and took a ride on the London Eye.


London Revisited - 28 May 2006

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all your pictures! Especially the Stonehenge, so nice.

30 May, 2006 10:13  
Blogger goodkarma said...

What a wonderful time you're having! I'm glad you've made a new friend and that you got to visit an old one. Enjoy yourself!

30 May, 2006 10:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you've had fun touring all those interesting places! Love all the pics you took.. did you learn photography before?

30 May, 2006 11:15  
Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, looks like so much fun!!

30 May, 2006 13:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent eye candy!

30 May, 2006 19:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're having fun. Europe's great this time of year isn't it?

30 May, 2006 20:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to see that you are having a blast both in London and Munich !

London is a nice place to visit especially if its your first time, mabye you can visit Paris next ;-)

30 May, 2006 21:10  
Blogger iSeL said...

You better not be staying there! :P

31 May, 2006 07:04  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow! You have been quite the traveler! Looks like you are having so much fun.

31 May, 2006 12:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having fun! Ahh I love London...

02 June, 2006 09:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home