/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Freezing and some knits

I thought London was cold with its dampness. Munich just has to go and show me who's the boss when we talk about cold.

After spending 4.5days in gloomy London, I returned to a freezing cold Munich. It feels like winter in Virginia with the temperature hovering around 40-50F(5-1odeg) with RAIN. We even had hail yesterday! It is supposed to be Spring/Summer here now with temperature no less than 70F(20deg) or so I was told. Oh well, this is Munich. What can I do but suffer through the cold in my only fleece jacket and handful of cardigans. I am wondering now if I should bring my thicker jacket on my next trip back. My colleagues assured me that there is no need for that and what we are experiencing now is just an anomaly. I have my doubts. Can you blame me? As the saying goes, "Once bitten, twice shy".

So now that you know how busy I had been recently. Let me show you my incredibly slow progress where knitting is concerned.

On the left, we have my Somewhat Cowl practically in the same stage as when it departs US with me back at the start of May. I still need to knit 3 more inches to the neckline. Will I be done with it before I return to the US? I doubt so. Will I be able to complete and block it before my return to Munich? Maybe...

On the right, we have a new project. Surprise? I think so too. Haha. That's the beginning of my cap-sleeved top from Debbie Bliss Pure Silk Collection. It's meant to be my Project Spectrum knit for the month of May. Ha! Now, I will be glad to finish it before Autumn as it is! I am making it using the recommended DB Pure Silk and I love the yarn. So smooth, soft and silky. I am also knitting this in the round instead of knitting the front and back separately and seaming it later. Let's see when I will ever complete this, shall we? Maybe it will be a UFO like my Phildar sweater. Sigh, I love that Phildar sweater, no idea why it's taking me forever to get around to completing it though.

Finally, here is a shot of the pack of Rowan Cotton Glace that I got in Guildford, Surrey. I love blue. Maybe, just maybe I will be able to churn out something blue this month!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey Bee, u were looking for me on msn? bet i was ZZZZzz away.

envy envy on the DB puresilk. no way i'm gonna afford this. LOL.

01 June, 2006 20:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you making something out of the Pure Silk book. And your Somewhat Cowl looks really good!

Hope it gets warmer soon where you are.

01 June, 2006 20:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sends you some sun from SG*

02 June, 2006 06:46  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I would love to get hold some puresilk yarn. Must be very nice to knit with.

02 June, 2006 16:43  
Blogger shanwen said...

Hello Jade, just dropping by to say hi.Your blog is fab. Hope to see you whip out something with that delicious blue yarn :)

05 June, 2006 07:51  
Blogger D said...

Jade, you pick the best projects!! I love that Debbie Bliss top.

Oh how I envy your traveling opportunities!... Your pictures are fantastic.

06 June, 2006 00:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home