/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, October 26, 2006

This and that

I received Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed weeks ago and had started on the sweater that I was talking about that I am knitting for my friend. And yes, I love the yarn. I might just get some to make something for myself. Oh well, progress on the sweater is agonizingly slow. Let me explain why.

My colleague, who I used to work with in Singapore also took up a position here in the US. He and his wife moved here recently. Before coming here, he worked in Taiwan. That's also where he got his driving license. BUT, his driving license expires together with his work permit in Taiwan. So he CAN'T drive here in the US. His wife has a driver license but the last time she drove a car was 10 years ago. So I am stuck being the driver for them. They stay 20mins away from me and 20mins away from the office. What sucks even more is that the temporary housing that the company put them up at is only accessible via Rt 28, a major road in this part of the country. Every morning, there is a lot of cars, trucks and containers on that road. So I think it will take quite a while before the wife is confident driving on the road. Till then, I will just have to spend 40mins going to the office and back home. Tiring!

Since they are so new, I am also busy showing them around. Especially since they have to look for an apartment as well. I am spending a lot of time with them and it is getting very tiring. I miss being able to come home from work and sit myself in front of the TV watching whatever is on TV. Even if its mindless stuffs. Soon. Soon. The wife was driving circles in the parking lot before. Now, she is able to drive us out on the road. So maybe next week, will train her to drive on Rt 28 with me beside her. Then FREEDOM. Cause then she will be able to drive her husband-my colleague, to work and I can drive myself to work.

Very soon, I will also have some life changing decision that I will be announcing on this blog. Very very soon...

Yes, I am still working on Rusted Root besides my friend's sweater. It's half done. I am trying to work on it whenever I have some time and energy left.

Tomorrow is knit night again. Yeah... I look forward to meeting Isel, Jasmine, Sue and Inge again. I am also bringing my friend's wife along. Hope she will enjoy it too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a great friend. Hope they get settled very soon. Too bad we won't be in London at the same time. Can't wait to see progress photos, how's your camera doing? Have a good time on knit night!

27 October, 2006 10:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how nice of you to be their chauffeur!! =D although i'm sure you'll be relieved once your friend's wife takes over the wheel and is more confident in her driving (lots of practice makes perfect) =)

enjoy your knit night!! =D

27 October, 2006 14:51  
Blogger Unknown said...

looking forward to see that sweater.

27 October, 2006 16:39  
Blogger 安淋 - Kessa said...

Yea. Really nice of you to help your colleague n his wife to get accustomed to their new lives. Anticipating your Fo and big news. =D

30 October, 2006 00:32  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Wow! So busy with lots to do. But I am glad you can help your friends out.
=:8

31 October, 2006 18:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home