/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Much about nothing

Wow, it's been a month since I last posted an entry.

So what have I done so far? Nothing much in the knitting department. It's not for the lack of trying. I am just not very motivated with it right now... I knit a bit of my Rusted Root, got disinterested and left it aside. Then I thought Clapotis would look good with my new wool jacket and so I started on it again. Knit a few rows, got bored and decided to read instead. I see all the beautiful knits on blogland and I want them. But when I took out my projects, I just don't seemed to be too excited over them. Maybe I should start knitting something that I am very very interested in right now! Hmm...

In other news, I just got back from a 2+weeks of vacation!!! It was great and bad. I didn't want to spend Thanksgiving by myself, ALONE! So I booked myself a ticket to visit my friend in London, UK. When I got there about 3 weeks ago, the weather was colder than Reston, VA. It got worse then. The heater broke down, requiring a totally new installation. Of course, that can't go too smoothly, can it? Apparently, the mechanics are paid by the day in UK and so in order to get more money out of the job, they took their own sweet time installing the new heater! My trip was almost over by the time the new heater is up and running! Thankfully, my friend has an electric heater in the room and there is an electric shower as a backup in the bathroom!


Nelson's Column at Trafaglar Sq and British Museum

However, all in all, it was a good trip. I got to eat the best roast duck that I had in a very long time(Four Seasons near Bayswater station if you are interested). I am drooling here just thinking about it. I visited the British Museum and the National Gallery this time round. Caught a play, The Woman in Black. That was fantastic! Watched a concert by The Bootleg Beatles. I had a great time singing and swaying along to their songs. The guy masquerading as Paul McCartney looks just like the youthful him! I also spent a long weekends at Bath. Prior Park is so pretty and so English(is that even a word?)!

Bath Abbey and Prior Park

Now, I am trying to find something to do for Christmas. Maybe I will check out San Francisco, CA since a friend of mine just relocated there from Singapore. Will need to see if work will have me in Austin, TX instead. Maybe I can get my friend to come keep me accompany at Austin instead. Haha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're in the sacramento area of california, let me know! we cant really go anywhere for christmas (hubby working), so we're opening our house up for friends in the area! =)

07 December, 2006 18:47  
Blogger 安淋 - Kessa said...

Its so cool to be able to work and travel at the same time. So what is the project you're very very interested in? =P

11 December, 2006 10:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jade,

Hope you have a great time in California if you do decide to go.

Thanks again for asking about Stonehenge for me, I did get a chance to go and it was beautiful!

13 December, 2006 14:15  
Blogger kienjean said...

Finally you update your blog.
Enjoy life...

16 December, 2006 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home