/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

LMKG Camisole Review

My sister arrived in Singapore safe and sound last night. Glad to hear that.

With her return, my friend also received the camisole that I made for her. Remember the camisole I finished a few weeks back from Last Minute Knitted Gifts? Well, she loves it and I quote "... I see its so beautifully done. Not joined at the side! Wow! I like everything about this top. The side trimming around the neck line, v neckline and the design at the bottom..."

I am so happy that she loves it! But alas, just as I feared, I made it too big! =( So now, she might have to send it back to me to fix it. I saw an entry on Craftster detailing how a knitter fixed hers when she made it too wide. I just hoped I can do as good a job as hers.

In case you didn't notice, I finished X'Mas present 1 of 3 last Friday. Yeah!!!! I will upload pics of it once I had blocked it as well as add on the beads. I am half done with the Irish Hiking Scarf. I am just worried that there might not be enough yarn for how long I want it to be... Jo Sharp DK wool tweed is pretty stiff. I am hoping that it will soften with a wash. If not, I will try washing it with hair conditioner which I read somewhere that will help soften stiff knits. I am done with another repeat of Cho's scarf. 5 more to go. My office is closed this Friday but G's is not so I think I will have 1 more day to finish my X'Mas knits. We are driving up to New Jersey for X'mas at G's sister house. However, I am still targeting to finish it by Thurs. Afterall, I have a whole bunch of knits for myself that I am eager to return to! Hehe.

Talking about knits for myself, I came across this recently and really love how it looks. It's Hanne Falkenberg's Diva. I would really like to make one for myself in colorway #3. I checked, it's selling at US$102.32 at Cucumberpatch. Shipping will be US$19 to the States. However, I am concerned with the sizing. I know the smallest one will still be too big on me so I will definately need to redo the schematics. I wondered how difficult it will be to do that...

This is Michael Kor Aran tee from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2005 issue. I like how it looks and I am thinking to make this as well. But I will either make it in some cotton yarn or Karabella Aurora 8 instead of the pricey cashmere yarn that it calls for. As you might have noticed, I have a gazellion knits that I want to knit for myself. Sigh, if only I can knit all day long instead of work. =P But then where would money for my yarn come from then. ;-)

However, first thing first. I will need to get back to Salina once I am done with my X'Mas knit. Continue with Butterfly for G's sis so she can get it early next year as opposed to next X'Mas. =P And also get started on my Phildar sweater so I can have something to contribute to the KAL!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this Michael Kors aran too, so many things I want to knit!

21 December, 2005 15:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home