/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Year in Review

The end of 2005 marked my 21months anniversary in USA. It seemed like yesterday that I dropped everything in Singapore to come here for my fiance. So much bad things had happened this year. The tsunami in Asia(as it happened late in 2004, I consider it more of 2005), the Pakistan earthquake, Hurricane Katrina and on a more personal note, the passing away of my friend, Grace. So in a way, I am glad that 2005 is almost over but yet at the same time, sad because another year of my life is gone, that 7 months had gone by and the person who might be responsible for my friend's death is still not found...

I miss her. I still can't believe that she is gone forever. Maybe its because I am here that makes her death still feels so surreal. Time heals, I know. I guess not enough time has passed between her death and now because tears still roll down my cheeks whenever I think of her. Like now... She has always been supportive of my knitting and so she is also the first friend who received a custom made knit. She requested a scarf and based on her favourite colors and the weather in Singapore, this is what I made for her. However, due to my inexperience, the material that I had chosen wasn't too comfortable but she still loves it just because I made it for her. Maybe one day, I will design a scarf with her in mind and named it Grace...

Not all of my friend are as supportive as her. Some of them still thinks that knitting is for granny and the domesticated housewives! Lesson Learnt: I am only gifting my handknits to friends who I deemed worthy to spend my time and labour on whipping up a knit item they like and appreciate. So if you are one of those rare few who received a handknit item from me, you know your friendship is very much treasured by me. If you have yet to get any, fret not, I just haven't got around to you yet. Unless you are one of those that made fun of my knitting. You know who you are. And you probably don't read this blog anyway.

So my wishes for the New Year? After reading this entry, I am sure you know what to expect already. Good news only in 2006, please! Miracles, weddings, babies, striking the lottery, whatever so long as it is joyous. That everyone celebrates instead of weeps.

Happy New Year to you all! Bring on 2006! I am all ready for a new start.

P.S: I know it's grammatically wrong to still mentioned my friend in the present tense. But I would like to think of her as a present instead of a past. At least for now...

3 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

I am so sorry to hear abour your friend Grace. That must be so difficult for you. I hope that the new year brings healing and joy!

30 December, 2005 21:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is perfectly appropriate to discuss Grace in the present tense. Some friends never really leave our hearts and it sounds like Grace is one of thoe very special kind of people.

I hope 2006 brings you everything you hope for.

03 January, 2006 10:32  
Anonymous Palatine Cabinets said...

Hello maate nice blog

16 December, 2022 17:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home