/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Good tiding to start the new year with

Yippee!!! My G got a job! A PERMANENT job with benefits and 401K! Finally! He had been temping for a while now. There were a lot of close calls(which disappoint him a lot) before this one. I mean when the interviewer says he/she likes you, the odds of being offered a job is very high, don't you think? Some even said that they are very impressed with his resume! One of them even got him all excited about the possibility of visiting California in the Spring (cos his favourite baseball team is the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles or whatever they call themselves nowadays). It's very crushing after a while of getting rejected. I am sure you job seekers out there knows what I am talking about. Unless you are one of those lucky few who got a job like right away.


So to celebrate, I made him his favourite dish-Laksa. This is something that is local to Singapore and Malaysia. I didn't made this from scratch like the recipe that I enclosed above. Instead, I used the premix from PrimaTaste. It's as authentic as can be. Since cockles are not common here, I changed the garnishes to prawn and fake crabmeat. Hard boiled egg is used too. My G is not too crazy about the fried beancurd so I didn't add any of that.


2 days ago, I posted that I received my Rowan All Seasons Cotton. Now, I am kind of torn between using this for Teva Durham Ballet top (the 3/4 sleeves version) or for Michael Kors Aran Tee (featured in VK Holiday 2005)? I think it will look good as either one of them. What do you think?
OR

Knitting has resumed back to making stuffs for me. Hehe, not exactly though. I still have a butterfly(for G's sister) to finish. After that, it will be Kiri for G's aunt. A very sweet lady that I have yet to meet in person. I talked to her on the phone the other day and she is very impressed with my patience to knit and amazed at what I can knit. I told her that there are far more impressive knitters out there but she refused to listen to any of that. G's family and relatives are my biggest motivators. They ooh and ahh over everything I made like I am a genius when I am so obviously not. So I decided that I will surprise G's aunt with a Kiri shawl because she had been such a wonderful supporter of my knitting. She lived in Lousiana. I think this will be very suitable for her all year round. Another possibility would be the Flower Basket Shawl or even Birch. Will decide when I am ready to cast on!

Finally, I really need to get started on that Phildar Sweater. I joined the KAL so long ago and all I got to contribute is the yarn I am using. I better get moving on that before I am blacklisted from all other KAL. =P On another note, I had also signed up for Secret Pal 7. That looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Hope I won't slip up and announce myself to my pal.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SunFlower said...

Congratulation to you and G. So, what is the type of job he got? Really happy for you.

29 December, 2005 19:38  
Blogger SunFlower said...

Btw, I like the white top, look more special and would be nice on you too.

29 December, 2005 19:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home