/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Knitting and then some

I realise as I scrolled through my blog that it's been a while since I did an entry with pictures. So for this post, I decided to go as picture heavy as I can managed! Everybody loves some good progress pics!

Here is my Klaralund. It's such a mind-numbing knits that I find myself taking it out to knit more often than not. It's good for when you need to concentrate on the show that you are watching on TV. It's also a good car knit in case the car hit a rough patch on the road and some of the stitches slip off the needle. (Psst, I would never risk that with butterly) ;-) Well, despite how terrible(my personal opinion) the yarn quality of Silk Garden is, I love the color and I would always pause during my knitting to admire the colorway.

Next up is my butterfly. Ok, progress has really been made though it's not very apparant in this picture. I really need to put a rush on this since the Knitting Olympic is starting this Friday. I think I can only handle one lace knit at a time. Anyway, this was supposed to be my FSIL's X'mas present so I definately have to finish it asap! I just started the armholes shaping so the end is near. Can I finish it by tomorrow night? I hope so!

No matter how I take it, I just can't seemed to take a good pic of Butterfly. This pic just doesn't do it justice. I love lace knitting!





Finally, my Phildar. Well, I have pretty much ignored it once I started on Klaralund. Terrible aren't I? Klaralund is also a much faster knit that I tend to do that over Phildar. I promise to devote more time to Phildar once I am done with Klaralund and Butterfly.

Like that crazy red silk-like background? That's my blanket. Got it from Overstock.com and I think it is made from Chinese silk. I thought this is a very appropriate blanket to use now given that its CNY. Haha, we Chinese and the color red!

More life updates
I was talking to my sister just now and found out that even though I am not home for CNY, questions about my marital status are still abound, just directed to my immediate family members instead. ;-) My father's side of the family are all eager to meet G since they had not seen him yet. The fact that he is caucasian and managed to abduct me to America just makes thing more interesting. Hehe. Both sides of the family are of course eager to know when the big date is! Especially since my parents generation are still more conversative and traditional. I talked to my cousin the other day and apparantly the rumour is that I will be getting married next year! Humph, to think the bride and groom-to-be are totally unaware of this. Either someone misheard something or that's my parents tactic to fend off further questioning. Haha. So I had better think up a good response to that if I planned to go back for CNY next year!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

so many pretty things going on!!

I can't wait to see them in person. :D

08 February, 2006 21:46  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Fun projects going on. Someone else is making that phildar sweater... I'm blanking on who it is... is it Becky at Fluffa? Yes, I think so! Enjoy yourself!

08 February, 2006 23:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your butterfly looks like it'll be completed soon. Are you making the longer or shorter version? Hehe.. Now we know why the gossip column in magazines always have something on. ;)

09 February, 2006 10:51  
Blogger Unknown said...

aint u knitting speedily too?

09 February, 2006 12:58  
Blogger Liz said...

Your Klaralund looks so nice! The Silk Garden colors are so pretty. I agree with you about the quality though - too itchy for me, and too many twiggy bits. After I finish Rogue and Arisaig and the many half-finished socks I have lying around, I must get that pattern.

09 February, 2006 14:05  
Blogger Carin said...

Nice progress on both projects! Good luck on the Olympic knitting!

09 February, 2006 21:14  
Anonymous Amphasis said...

I have never heard of blanket made of silk, it is good?

18 July, 2018 23:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home