/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitting Olympics Progress

Wow, we are blanketed in ~6inches of snow here in NoVa. That is nothing compared to what New York is getting really. They already have 22inches of snow in Central Park and the storm is still not over for them. But for us, 6 inches is the most snowfall that I had encountered since I relocated here 2 years ago. I heard that we got 18inches of snow here right before I moved here. Too bad that I missed that.

ETA: Oops, I underestimated. We got around 10~12 inches(30~36cm) of snow instead.

I like snow. It makes the world so pretty. I am sure a lot of us likes it for precisely that reason too. Anyway, here are some snapshots of the aftermath of the snow storm.
Click on the pictures to view more.

Now, back to the Knitting Olympics. I had cast on last Friday. Starting to get back on track after a few frogging (yes lace frogging!) as expected since I am working on lace. I just have to screwed up during the first few rows. You know how it is with lace knitting. The first few rows are the most crucial. They set up the pattern. Once you get them right, after that, it will be easy to notice when you do something wrong.

Here's what I have since last night:

I plan to finish at least 3 more repeats for the center lace pattern today.

I am thinking that the shop sent me the wrong color. I wanted white. This is more vanilla. Oh well, it's still a very appropriate shade. And you know what, I think they sent me more yardage than what I had ordered with nothing extra charged too. We will know for sure when I am done.


Here are some closeup shots of the lace pattern. I really like how it is coming out so far.

After much debating, I decided to do the nupp too. When I had to purl the first nupp, I am thinking that I must be crazy to decide to go with it! Then I found a solution to purl the nupp effortlessly. I use a Sz0000 knitting needle to purl all 7 sts and it's working out very well!

As I start to get a better hang of the pattern, my knitting becomes a little faster. I think I just might have the chance to finish this in time! I will keep my finger crossed, do my best and hope for the best!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

Jade your lace is gorgeous. I need to find out what a Szoooo knitting needle is.
and is a nupp a bobble?
thanks for the snow pics. It is so pretty. I come from Northern Michigan where 20 inches of snow isn't that big a deal, and I sure do miss it.
I have gotten started on the Lady E in the Shinano - but have sidelined it for the Olympic knitting of the Noro Silk Garden.
will love to see your lace develop.

12 February, 2006 13:42  
Blogger iSeL said...

Great progress, Jade.

It looks so pretty outside.

I wanted to make sure you know we meet at a different Panera on Mondays...the one on Richmond Highway, not far from the other one.

12 February, 2006 14:38  
Blogger Carin said...

Beautiful progress on the lace! What a gorgeous pattern you chose. And for the Cash Iroha? Definitely the Hourglass!! You'll look great in it.

Ouch, me and the husband shoveled 20+" in front of our property yesterday, I am so sore... but that didn't stop me from knitting Salina, hehe.

Oh, about the Burmese food, I tasted it for the first time when I was like 16 yrs old, with a friend, at this small family owned place. Their curry was so delicious and also spicy for me at the time, and my whole mouth would hurt but I kept eating it anyway because it was so good, haha.

13 February, 2006 14:35  
Blogger auntyk said...

Jade, your lace is absolutely gorgeous! My husband wants me to try it.

13 February, 2006 17:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home