/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Friday, February 10, 2006

What did the mail man bring me?

Woohoo woo hoohoo (singing the Vonage advert song), the mailman bought me 3 packages, 2 of which I had been awaiting anxiously for.


Finally, my Jaggerspun Zephyr is here. Just in time for the Olympics! From what I understand, the yarn was mailed out last Friday. The store is located in Alexandria and I lives in Reston. I thought given the short distance, the package will arrive much earlier than this. How wrong am I to make that assumption. I am just glad it got to me safe and sound and just in time! ^_^ The only other thing I have to complain about is that they gave it to me in 2 balls! Why?I guess it's done so as to fit in the envelope better? I would have wound them into a big ball if I went to the store cos the lesser ends to weave in, the better. Hehe. Oh well.

Next up is this Japanese bead book that I bought on eBay over a month ago. The seller did warn that shipping will take 5-6 weeks but I was hoping the figure was exaggerated but apparantly not. The magazine is just as expected and the design in there are giving me new inspirations!








And finally, the last package contains the Noro Cash Iroha that I won on eBay. The color is darker than I expected it to be. Still it's very pretty. I am planning to use it for either the Hourglass sweater or Glampyre's Angelica. What do you think?


If you are not residing in the US, just thought you might be interested to know that there is a huge snow storm coming my way this weekends. Or so it was predicted. So I am expecting to get a lot of knitting done since we can't go out!

With the return of the cold weather in the past few days, I realise that I had not knitted as much sweaters as I should have. Especially given that some of my older sweaters are too tight now. Oh well, despite the start of the Knitting Olympics and therefore the start of my Madil's Shawl, I will probably still knit Klaralund on the side just so the lace won't drive me to insanity. Hahaha.

Oh, on the subject of lace. Butterfly is all done with the exception of the picot edgings. I will probably set aside some time to finish it over the weekends even though that will eat into my Madil's time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, a fellow Virginian knitter!

Your deliveries look very fun. I *love* Cash Iroha. Personally I would go with the Hourglass on it. The simple shape would highlight the luxuriousness of the yarn. :)

10 February, 2006 11:58  
Blogger iSeL said...

I think you need to share some of that stuff with me! I love Springwater.

Everything looks yummi.

We are meeting this Monday at the Panera on Route 1.

10 February, 2006 13:52  
Blogger goodkarma said...

That Cash Iroha is so lovely. I would arm wrestle you for it. :)

11 February, 2006 01:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As everyone else had said, the Cash Iroha looks really perty! Nice colour choice. I vote for Hourglass too. The colour will compliment the simple but elegant shape of that sweater. =)

11 February, 2006 10:02  
Blogger auntyk said...

I live near Sperryville, Va. at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. You should hike Ol' Rag Mtn and White Oak Canyon. Beautiful waterfalls!
I love your knitting! Very inspiring. Keep it up!

12 February, 2006 08:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home