/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Disappointed yet again

Had a talk with both my boss and the VP today. They remained firm with their offer. Not even budging by $1. I am very disappointed. They of course try to put an 'attractive' offer to go with the money. They are sending me to Munich for a big project that will last 3-6mths. IF I do a good job with that, they will consider promoting me to Senior Software Engineer at the end of the year.

When I was at the Singapore subsidary, my boss there wanted to promote me to Group Leader where I would have 2 engineers reporting to me. I gave up that promotion to relocate here. Silly of me, I know. But I love my fiance and so I took the sacrifice. I don't expect that kind of promotion over here cos it's a smaller team but seriously, how can they think what they offer will look attractive to me? And really, doesn't that sound like I have to prove myself all over again!

I know, it's a different subsidary but they are all part of the same company, aren't they. If what I do in one subsidary is not recognised in another one, then really what's the point of being loyal to this company. If the company isn't even trying to pay me market rate, then seriously, what's my motivation for staying on in this company? Nothing they have done so far makes me feel like I am appreciated. There is nothing I can do, for now. So I can just nod my head through and swallow my disappointment and hope for something better coming along. Soon, I hope...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope things will take a fine tune for u real soon.

Chin up!

23 March, 2006 19:46  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Aw, that does sound disappointing and discouraging. Don't give up yet, though!

23 March, 2006 20:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home