/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Monday, March 20, 2006

Pico progress shots & Butterfly 2

Thank you everyone for your kindness and concern. It takes time I know. But sometimes I just don't want to let go because I am very very afraid that I will forget her. She does not deserve that.

Job wise, I have spoken to the 'higher beings' and they are trying to match my expectations. I don't expect much from it and so I have decided to take what I can when they come back to me and hope for the best there after. It's a job afterall and so I should try to take it easy. No use getting upset because that's probably happening all over the world. But thank you for indulging me by listening to my complains.

Now back to knitting.

The picture on the left was taken before the waist shaping. The pic on the right was taken yesterday when I am almost done with the waist decrease.

I really love knitting a top this way cos then I do not need to fear if it will be long enough or if it will be too loose or too tight as I can try them on as I knit! I love how it is turning out so far.

Following the great success of FSIL's Butterfly, I decided that I will put off starting on the Sampler Stole and get cracking on another butterfly for myself using this:

Yes, it's Jaggerspun Zephyr(in Elderberry this time) again. Hehehe. This was actually supposed to be the yarn used for my FSIL's butterfly. I bought this yarn on the internet and after not hearing from the seller for a few days, I thought maybe she was no longer selling. I hadn't paid yet then so it wasn't so bad. That was last December and I was anxious to start on Butterfly because I wanted to give it to her for Christmas. So I stopped by Springwater Fiber Workshop and bought those Zephyr in Indigo. However, the internet seller contacted me after that. Elderberry sound and look nice on the internet and it wasn't too expensive given it's yardage so I bought it instead of cancelling the order. Thankfully I did as this will be my butterfly color instead. As much as I love the Indigo one, I think it would be dorky to have the exact same one as my FSIL. Hehe.

However, I will not start on this until I hear from my FSIL that the indigo one fits her. I am sure it will given how stretchable lace is and how her figure is pretty close to mine but just wanted to make sure.

6 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

WOw Wow Wow! Picovoli is looking awesome.

Perfect fit, the color looks great on you, what more can you ask for? It's beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person again.

20 March, 2006 17:27  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

wow how cute it looks! what yarn is pico made out of? it knit up so pretty!

20 March, 2006 17:55  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oooh, elderberry is so pretty! I think I like it even better than the navy. Pico looks fabu, too. How reassuring to know that it's going to fit way before you finish! :)

20 March, 2006 21:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your pico looks so great already, you knitted it up so beautifully! And I absolutely adore the yarn you got, its elderberry color is sooo amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pics once you got started!

21 March, 2006 04:53  
Blogger Carin said...

That's a really cute top, pretty! All your other recent knits are beautiful, too. Nice to see you're making a butterfly for yourself, and elderberry is a beautiful shade. And good luck with everthing at work.

21 March, 2006 08:25  
Blogger lomester said...

The first butterfly turned out gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the finished result with this lovely color. Awesome job!

22 March, 2006 12:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home