/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I managed to recruit a knitter!

I had a friend who expressed an interest in knitting ever since seeing some of FOs (I think so anyway, heehee). I am just too thick-skinned(=shameless) I think. =P

So, last December when my sister came over to visit me, I sent her back to Singapore with a copy of Debbie Stoller's Stitch and Bitch(that's how I learnt to knit) to be mailed to my friend. It's almost 3 months later now and my friend still had not received the book. I doubt it will ever get to her so 2 weeks ago, I bought another copy of the book. I also decided to give her a pair each of Sz4 and Sz5 straight needles. I inherited those needles and 20 skeins of Sirdar Cotton yarn when a friend of mine gave up knitting. I also gave her a few skeins of the yarn since I have so many. And the results? Check it out yourself!

I am so proud of her! But I think the yarn is too fine(gauge wise) for a beginner. Hopefully she will hang on there and not give up by the lack of progress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi bee
so your friend's in SG? get her to join the forum k? we can all help her along, as did many others.

21 March, 2006 19:53  
Blogger Carin said...

That's a nice package you sent to your friend, very nice yarn and needles.

22 March, 2006 12:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's absolutely great - thanks for sharing the link to your friend's blog, it's fantastic to see that you've recruited another knitter! She's doing a really great job so far, and I do admire her for her courage using such fine yarn right at the beginning!

23 March, 2006 09:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home