/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Klaralund


Pattern: Klaralund
Source: Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Book 2
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden #201
Yarn Source: eBay (Yarnbow)
Needle: US7 29" circular
Size: XS-32"
Made for: Myself
Modifications:
  1. Resize the body to fit me tiny body by reducing cast-on by 8 stitches in total for both front and back.
  2. Knit the body piece in the round.

There is no special techniques of any sort to add for this project. Love Noro Silk Garden colorway but not too crazy about the yarn itself. If you rememeber, I complained about the weird pieces of woods that are stuck in the yarn all over. Thankfully, they do seem to wash out from the yarn as I see quite a bit of those wood floating in the water when I was wetting it prior to blocking. I was quite obessed with it and I always pluck out those wood pieces if I felt them in the yarn during knitting. I also am not too crazy about the variegated thickness of the yarn.

However, I have read and heard that Noro Silk Garden soften with each wash. So will see how it will be one year from now.

And please ignore the background of the 2nd pic! The bathroom is the most brightly lit area in the apartment after dark.

Overall, I love the sweater. The body fits me just right. The sleeves are a bit wide and I already expected that. I probably should have made it narrower and increase it for the shoulder part. Oh well, too late for that now. And I love the colors, so pretty.

It might made its official debut outside of the apartment on tuesday since the high is only going to be 37F(~3C).

Past entries on this project:
Start | At 60% | At 99% | End

3 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Klaralund is lovely! It drapes well on you. I hope you enjoy wearing it on Tuesday, even though it's going to be v. cold and today is the first day of spring! :(

20 March, 2006 10:31  
Blogger Marji said...

Jade, the Klaralund looks great on you. You are one of the very few people that can carry that design off and look good in it - maybe too because it fits you so well. Nice job!

28 March, 2006 08:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your recent FOs. Klaralund is beautiful. And Butterfly is just gorgeous; you'll definitely have to make one for yourself!

28 March, 2006 10:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home