/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Color of my current projects

It's been a while since I knit using US3 and I realise why it's that way. Progress is agonizingly slow. I am using RYC Cashsoft 4 ply instead of a cotton yarn. Why? Cause I have 5 balls of them sitting in my stash. Back when I am still new at knitting, I bought them to make a bag that I saw in RYC Classic Holiday. Now that I am a teeny bit wiser, I think it's a waste to use those yarn for a bag because they are way too expensive. Also, I don't think the yarn will be durable for a bag. So here it is, destined to be Rose-gina instead. Hopefully I will have enough. If not, the rib will be done in a coordinating color. Brown maybe. Or cream...
The color is called Rose Lake. It doesn't show up that well in both shots above.

If you noticed, I am going to start on Somewhat Cowl soon too. I fell in love with this pattern when it made its debut about a month ago. But I was good. I didn't buy the pattern immediately because I think I have enough patterns to make from as it is.

But recently, I found out that Kpixie has a knit kit for it and was selling it at a discount(6 skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca & Silk + pattern for only $53). The price is so good that I just can't resist it. So hee hee, here I am with the 6 skeins of the yummilicious Alpaca & Silk. It's so soft and luxurious that I can't wait to start knitting with it.

Without further ado, I present to you my Alpaca & Silk in Chestnut. The color is very true in this pic, at least it is on my monitor. That cream yarn is my Phildar in progress. Yes, I am still knitting it. Just not as often as I should. =P

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

I am going to knit the cowl too! i got the darker blue color, from kpixie cause of the sale as well :)

Did you catch knit and tonic's latest entry? She's doing some pattern corrections, or rather additional notes or something. It's not really a problem just depends on your body type.

Maybe we will be knitting t his at the same time, i want to finish my essential stripe first, well my NEW one I am knitting lol

06 April, 2006 23:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the yarn you got for yourself is amazing - it's so shiny and with looking at that pic I can almost feel the silk in it - great thing!
Your Rose-gina is getting along mighty fine too - such small needles might not be great to knit with, but the results are usually very satisfying, and you're knitting so evenly with it!

06 April, 2006 23:57  
Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, alpaca silk!! you lucky girl!! =)

yea, US3 is small. i'm currently knitting up a sweater in that very same size. the pattern actually calls for US2, but i couldn't make gauge with 2, so i'm using 3 instead (but still very small) =P

07 April, 2006 02:39  
Blogger lomester said...

I just got some alpaca silk for the somewhat cowl too! Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

07 April, 2006 10:45  
Blogger Marji said...

I think the cashsoft 4ply is an inspired choice for the Orangina.
I'm also knitting with Blue Sky alpaca&silk right now - pic on my blog - in Black! of all the colors. you will love the yarn - so soft and silky, although it does have a tendency to want to split if you aren't paying attention to it. Love the brown color you got.

10 April, 2006 09:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home