/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Rosy Picovoli

: March Project


To see more progress pics, click here

Pattern: Picovoli
Source: MagKnits
Yarn: 4 skeins of Classic Elite Avignon
Yarn Source: Aylin's Woolgatherer
Needle: US5 24" circular
Size: XS-28"
Made for: Myself
Time Taken: ~15 days from 11 Mar 2006 - 4 Apr 2006 (with 1 week off of this prj)

This is a very easy and mindless knits. I originally wanted to make this with a 3/4 sleeves but then I also wanted to make Somewhat Cowl and that will be a 3/4 sleeves top so I decided to stick to the pattern. Nothing special was done for this top. Love the yarn and the color. Like Brandy says, the drawback with cotton yarn is that the ends that are weave in seems quite obvious from the right side. Oh well.

The picot edgings curl like crazy so I have to iron them out like crazy as well though it still curls slightly if you look at the pics carefully.

Finally, pardon my weird pose. I have no idea how to stand anymore after taking so many pics in the bathroom using the 10-sec delay mode on the camera.

Past entries on this project:
Start | At 35% | End

9 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

It looks great! The color is so pretty. I hope you wear it to the next meeting. ;]

Your friend looked stunning wearing her shawl.

04 April, 2006 18:21  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Great Picovoli! I am working on mine now, in Cascade Pima Silk. I actually ripped my first version (too big, many problems, check the blog at http://crossroadknits.blogspot.com ) and did the picots on a smaller needle than the body of the sweater, and that seems to have solved the flop.

04 April, 2006 18:45  
Blogger Ruth said...

pretty!!!

04 April, 2006 19:35  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

It really looks good, are you happy with how it looks in person? Also yours looks nice and long, I love the length on you, did you knit it any longer then the pattern called for it? It fits you perfect! I like that its picots and not ribbing, I wish tho I coiuld think of something else besides those two things, for edging but was still simple.

04 April, 2006 19:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely peachy tivoli. Your self timer photos look good. I find it difficult to take self timer photos too.

04 April, 2006 20:32  
Blogger Carin said...

Nice! It looks great on you.

"Somewhat Cowl" is beautiful, you'll look nice in that, too.

04 April, 2006 20:40  
Blogger Vanessa Vain said...

So, so cute! :) Looks fab on you!

04 April, 2006 23:48  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oooh! Pretty in pink! Great job, Jade. It fits you perfectly. :)

05 April, 2006 00:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Picovoli, it's turned out so beautiful and suits you perfectly - great work done!

05 April, 2006 06:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home