/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

United 93

Remember the Madli's Shawl I made? Here are some pics of my friend using it. I also made her a pair of earrings. She loved them both and I am really glad to hear that.

On a more serious note, I have to say I am quite disgusted that Universal Pictures has made what happened to United 93 on September 11 2001 into a movie. I think everybody has already know everything that is to know about what happened on September 11. It's a tragedy that no matter how you put it will still be a terrible tragedy. Until the day Osama Bin Laden is captured and held responsible for what happened that day, there will be no true closure, no real justice.

Even though Universal Pictures will donate 10 percent of the first three days' grosses to the memorial, to me, they are still exploiting a tragedy for their own personal gain. There are so many stories that they can make into a movie. So why this story? Why so soon after the tragedy? The answer is very simple - greed. Besides Universal Pictures, I guess the general public is to be blamed too. Hopefully, the attendence will prove otherwise.

I know Universal Pictures will also argue that they are trying to show the world what really happened on board the flight and how brave those passengers were to overcome the terrorists and helped averted even more deaths. But seriously, how many people have truly recovered from Sept 11. If you are personally involved in one way or another to what happened that day, do you think you are ready yet to see such kind of commercial exploitation? I did not lose anyone that day but I am deeply disturbed by what I heard on 'United 93' trailer... If I, a foreigner, am not ready to face this, I cannot imagine how the families of United 93 can be ready to face the reopening of a wound that never truly heals...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

i have mixed feelings on that movie too. i don't have any personal connections to NY, but i don't think i'm ready to see something like that either, much less the families who were directly affected. it's still way too early for something like this!

04 April, 2006 16:00  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I agree, so strongly. I just saw the trailer this weekend and it made me feel sick. WHY? Why would they make this movie? Ugh.

05 April, 2006 00:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home