/** --Progress Bar-- **/

Monday, April 03, 2006

Much ado about everything

Wow, it had been a hectic week for me!

I have a friend who was here for an interview and while here, I showed him and his gf around Washington, DC and NoVa. I was also their chauffeur since they are not very confident to drive here. They arrived last Tuesday afternoon. We went to DC for the cherry blossom and did The Mall after that. He was at the office for his interview for both Thurs and part of Fri. I showed them the Potomac Falls on Fri afternoon. You won't believe this. We drove up to NY on Friday night. That was the first time I drove 4+hrs straight! The rental car was under my name. You see, my friend was given a rental car and since he wasn't confident with his driving, I ended up being the designated driver.

And what luck we have. While on the way to Manhattan from Brooklyn(G's parents' place), someone jumped in front of our train. I have no idea if the person jumped or was pushed (I hope not) cause all we could get from the news report was that a man died on the subway track. We knew something was wrong when we were ordered off the train as dozens of police and firemen started towards the train with all kinds of contraception. G said this is pretty common. It's kind of gruesome to think about it.

We showed them Lower Manhattan, South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge, 34 Street, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre and Central Park. A lot of walking. My legs are still sore from that day. Maybe its cause of all the driving too! We went to Liberty State Park on Sun cos there is no Q for the ferry to Liberty Island from there. It also has a lovely view of lower Manhattan. The only drawback was that it is only accessible by car.


Finally, look who just turned 2 years old! That was also James' first ferry ride as well as his very first visit to Liberty Island.

We got back late last night and had to send them off early this morning (their flight was at 11am). What a wild week. I took the day off today just to recuperate from all the driving and the walking!

Oooh, and look at what I got from my secretpal! Heather made me a yarn holder as well as a circular needle holder! I love it so much. I was just thinking about getting the Eucalan's No Rinse when I was last at my LYS. I don't remember mentioning that on my blog so it was such a surprise that you are apparently psychic too! Hehe. I especially like that 'Bee happy' paperweight(?). So cute! Thank you so so much!

5 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

What a fun visit! I miss New York. I've only visited once and I wanted to go back as soon as I was there. :)

04 April, 2006 00:08  
Blogger Heather said...

Welcome home! I'm so happy you liked your last present :)

04 April, 2006 01:10  
Blogger Ruth said...

looks like you guys had a really good time! i'm sure you are exhausted though. =) and those gifts - so cute! very nice =)

04 April, 2006 03:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend away but we missed you Friday night. Isel even wore her sweater.

04 April, 2006 08:18  
Blogger Carin said...

What a fun weekend! And those are nice gifts you received.

04 April, 2006 11:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home